Honored Contributor

@Sage04  funny story!  😆

Honored Contributor

I was talking to someone around forty years old and referred to The Beatles as The Fab Four and mentioned Abbey Road. He had no idea what I was talking about, he asked where is Abbey Road! Now Sinatra and some movie stars such as Clark Gable and Tyrone Power were before my time, but thanks to my dad's love of music and movies I am aware of many people before my time. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I was talking to someone around forty years old and referred to The Beatles as The Fab Four and mentioned Abbey Road. He had no idea what I was talking about, he asked where is Abbey Road! Now Sinatra and some movie stars such as Clark Gable and Tyrone Power were before my time, but thanks to my dad's love of music and movies I am aware of many people before my time. 

@Jordan2   Your post reminded me of the time in the 1980s when I was dating a younger man. My friends asked me at that time  what age did I think a guy was too young to date. I replied "If he only knows Paul McCartney from Wings!." 😄

Esteemed Contributor
I walked across Abbey Road in 2020 just before the pandemic & lockdowns. We were the only ones there & it was raining. They really need to repaint the lines but it was still fun and something I’ve wanted to do.
Occasional Contributor

Great photo @Mersha !

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

I recently listened to Abbey Road and the White Album, and I was surprised at how dated some of their music sounded.

@PuppyLoverBob666  😂  I have no doubt it will last and still be popular long after you are gone. 

It'a friggin' record, not the Hope Diamond. Is it really THAT important to you???

Honored Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

I recently listened to Abbey Road and the White Album, and I was surprised at how dated some of their music sounded.

@PuppyLoverBob666  😂  I have no doubt it will last and still be popular long after you are gone. 

It'a friggin' record, not the Hope Diamond. Is it really THAT important to you???

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

@PuppyLoverBob666   I see my comment must be important to you. Of the two of us, I'm not the one upset. 🙂

Valued Contributor

that's because you don't recognize a stupid comment when you make/see one.

Honored Contributor

I have the black Abbey Road tee. I love wearing it.

Honored Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

that's because you don't recognize a stupid comment when you make/see one.

@PuppyLoverBob666  But I'm super excellent at recognizing stupid people! 😁