Respected Contributor

Beatles And Abbey Road

[ Edited ]

I do not recall seeing this photo before.

It is the Beatles BEFORE crossing Abbey Road in 1969.

May be an image of 4 people, people standing and outdoors

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness!  Unique!

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Wow, how cool.  Getting primped last minute before the photo shoot.  🎵🎶

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Paul could primp me any time! 🥰

i have seen that photo before in one of the millions 😄 of Beatles biographies I've read but I haven't seen it in many years so thanks for posting it @Mersha . It's a good one!

As many of you probably know, Abbey Road was going to be named Mt Everest, and the Beatles were going to go to Mt Everest to shoot a photo for the album cover.  Some of the Beatles thought that was too much of a shlep (not their exact words! 😄)  for an album cover  so Paul said let's just go outside the (then EMI) record studio and do the shoot.  Hence, Abbey Road and the iconic walk across it.

@hckynutjohn   Your wife isn't the only self-proclaimed Beatles historian!

Honored Contributor

I love that photo of the fab four but than any photo of the Beatles is fantastic!!!!  My niece just saw Paul in concert  and gushed over how great he is but then we all know that!!!!  Thanks for sharing this musical story.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Paul could primp me any time! 🥰

i have seen that photo before in one of the millions 😄 of Beatles biographies I've read but I haven't seen it in many years so thanks for posting it @Mersha . It's a good one!

As many of you probably know, Abbey Road was going to be named Mt Everest, and the Beatles were going to go to Mt Everest to shoot a photo for the album cover.  Some of the Beatles thought that was too much of a shlep (not their exact words! 😄)  for an album cover  so Paul said let's just go outside the (then EMI) record studio and do the shoot.  Hence, Abbey Road and the iconic walk across it.

@hckynutjohn   Your wife isn't the only self-proclaimed Beatles historian!

@Pearlee  Thanks for the additional info.  The photo and album are so iconic it would be hard to imagine that record cover done anywhere else.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Mersha  I so agree! Not to mention there wouldn't be nearly as many tourists having their photo taken in front of Mt Everest as there are having their photo taken  walking across that Abbey Road crosswalk! Which is on my bucket list of things I want to do! 😁

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Mersha  and @Pearlee

So loved the Beatle era and all that came with it!

Respected Contributor

What a great photo! Thanks so much for sharing!

Honored Contributor

A little bit of trivia:

6 photos were taken; Paul was only barefoot in 4.  The other two Paul wore sandals.

In the end the photo used on the album cover was chosen because they were all in sync (yes, Paul's right foot is not in the same place as the other three) but they were all walking in the same stride.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh