Honored Contributor

We went out for ice cream last night to one of those places where you order your ice cream at a window then sit outside to eat it. The place is , literally, in the middle of the woods. Anyway, as we and several others were sitting eating our ice cream along the edge of the woods we saw a bear , and not just a bear - he was carrying a bunch of balloons. I'm not kidding! Many folks took his picture - I did not have my phone in hand so I couldn't. The folks working there said they see a bear there often but he has never come out of the woods or bothered anyone. However - the balloons were a mystery. We decided they must have been in someones yard and he liked them so he took them. No - there was NOT alcohol or hallucinogenic drugs in the ice cream. There was a bear with balloons. I bet today his photo is probably on facebook.

Valued Contributor

@151949

That must have been a very funny sight!  Too bad you didn't have your phone. I hope someone does post a picture of it for you.

Honored Contributor

Another thing that was funny to see was the Amish kids taking out their phones to take his picture. 

The Amish - until they are baptised - are allowed to try out things like cell phones. But it is weird to see someone dressed plain pull a phone out of their pocket.

Honored Contributor

I hope he didn't try to eat those balloons.I would have liked to have seen him when they popped - as they surely would have from his claws.

Respected Contributor

Bears just wanna' have fun! Did you hear about the story of a bear break in? This guy slept right through it in his second floor bedroom. He went downstairs to find carnage in his kitchen: clearly this bear was an experienced pro. He is a wanted criminal.

The guy thought it was a human who broke in, but his home video camera showed the bear-who knew exactly what it was doing when it came to pulling off cabinet and pantry doors!

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2  OMG!

Honored Contributor

I guess you could say this bear was a party animal.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Another thing that was funny to see was the Amish kids taking out their phones to take his picture. 

The Amish - until they are baptised - are allowed to try out things like cell phones. But it is weird to see someone dressed plain pull a phone out of their pocket.

I hd to giggle when I saw a young Amish teen driving his buggy with foam dice dangling from the front windshield.

Super Contributor

Maybe it was the bear's birthday ? ?

Animals, and the things they do, are simply amazing. IMO, there is little that is more entertaining than animals in the wild doing their thing.

Hugs . . .to all.

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bear with balloons.

[ Edited ]

http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article159735654.html

The story about the bear that broke in to the house while the guy slept (soundly) upstairs.

It looks like the bear wanted to make himself some breakfast!