Valued Contributor

This time of year can be stressful on so many levels.  Holiday parties where you want to look your best, whilst bemoaning those few extra pounds. (When the heck did they sneak up?). Shopping for the perfect gift for the less then perfect ungrateful recipient.  Planning a dinner to please everyone and worrying how to stretch the budget for that one "special" day and then feeding your family for the couple of weeks beyond. 

Breathe.  Be the best you without worrying what others will think.  Be kind to you and the rest will fall into place.  LuLu

Valued Contributor
Trying, but when a chance seeing my daughter after 8 years of estrangement and going up to her and her telling me 'hope you die soon' is pretty hard to do.
Respected Contributor

Re: Be Kind To Yourself

[ Edited ]

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 It's not just about being kind to yourself but being kind to others too.  There is too much negativity going on in the world right now.

@Parischic Reach out to your daughter to talk about why she feels that way.  

Trusted Contributor

@Parischic wrote:
Trying, but when a chance seeing my daughter after 8 years of estrangement and going up to her and her telling me 'hope you die soon' is pretty hard to do.

YIKES.

Run a mile in the opposite direction!!!

Valued Contributor

@Parischic wrote:

@Parischic, hoping you and your daughter can resolve your differences and wishing you peace of heart.

Valued Contributor
Thank you. But doubtful. More to the story.
Respected Contributor

@Parischic wrote:

@Parischic 

After all the work of raising a person and having them say that to you is horrific. Nothing is perfect including how you mothered this child and I'm sorry you had this result and consequence. My heart goes out to you

Respected Contributor

@Parischic Talk to your daughter to understand what is behind her feelings.  If needed, get psychological help for her.  Do not blame her without knowing the reasons behind what she is expressing to you.

Valued Contributor
Thank you. Her father and I divorced after 24 years of marriage.She was 22 at the time, but I moved out. She lived with him while going to college along with our other 2 kids. He had to pay me alimony and complained about it and bad mouthed me every month. The kids didn't want to see me and because of their age they didn't have to. Although my ex made excellent money he still blamed me for everything and told the children stories about my depression.
My daughter called me crazy and that's why they didn't want to see me ever again and hoped I would die soon.
I told my psychiatrist (she's known about it for years ) and finally said there was nothing left for me to do but let it go and end it. What my daughter was doing was mentally and emotionally abusive and to stay away.
I blame their Dad. He knew I changed but led them to believe I still had severe depression and did nothing about it.
Respected Contributor

Re: Be Kind To Yourself

[ Edited ]

@Parischic Divorce is hard on children of any age.  Give your daughter and other kids time to heal and just let them know that you are there for them if they ever need you. 

I hope you will continue to get treatment for your depression.  Depression runs in our family, so I know how dibiilitating it can be.  Take care!