Honored Contributor

Just fyi, December 7 is the day they are supposed to do their 3-wick candles for $10.00.

If you want any, order early or get to the store early. This is a crazy event.  Last year the line at my closest store was all the way up the sidewalk by the time the store opened.   

Regular Contributor

I don't know how to tell my friends to stop gifting me Bath & Body items  ... the last Aromatherapy Stress Relief Bath item I received contained the following:

Sodium Laureth Sulfate

parabens  3 different types

hydrogenated castor oil

and two other man-make chemicals too long to type out.

(your body soaks this up, like a sponge.)

Esteemed Contributor

@SusieQ_2 

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Wallflower refills were on sale for $2.50 yesterday but I decided against buying more. They seem to smell great for a few days and then fade into nothingness. I even got the double plug that switches between two scents every 48 hours thinking I was just getting used to the scent. It's a little better but not great. The plug itself is pretty though all covered in pearls. 

I still have a few from my fall buying spree. I'll use those and see how I feel  about purchasing more. It's hard for me to stay away from a sale, lol!

They smell strong in closed guest bathroom and bedroom, but not large room.  I have double plug ins in living room(2) and don,t notice any scent, but in the smaller rooms with close doors, when you walk in scent is strong.

They are better than Harry Slakin, that I have used.

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Just fyi, December 7 is the day they are supposed to do their 3-wick candles for $10.00.

If you want any, order early or get to the store early. This is a crazy event.  Last year the line at my closest store was all the way up the sidewalk by the time the store opened.   

Thanks! I might check online at midnight to see if the deal is posted.

Honored Contributor

@tipsy wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Thanks! I might check online at midnight to see if the deal is posted.

@tipsyit usually is.  That's what I ended up doing.  No way was I waiting in that line.  3 of us put in an order together.  We bought the max number allowed and got free s/h.

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva good to know, thanks!  And maybe since I'm on the west coast it might show up at 9pm.   $10 for those candles is a great deal!

Trusted Contributor

I have loved BBW for years and found so many of the products to be really good.  i had one bad thing happen with the wall flowers, they melted the paint off my walls!  I had one plugged into an upstairs bathroom and one downstairs.  I first noticed  the paint was bubbled up and appeared to be melting above the wallflower, I checked the other location and the paint was also softened and I could just pull the paint off the wall in a thick glop.  i contacted BBW and they had me send pictures and they covered the cost of paint and painting the bathroom walls.  They were very sorry and helpful which I appreciated, but it is concering that the product melted the wall paint!

Respected Contributor

It might have been just this particular BBW at our local mall but every time I went into the store the employees drove me crazy.      If I stopped to look at even one item they descended upon me and constantly pushed their products.    If I wanted to see how much I liked a particular scent they immediately started with the spiel that if I buy two bottles they'd give me a third bottle free.    

I would always tell them I'm just looking but it seemed that just spurred them on all the more.   It was like a challenge to them.  I didn't really blame the employees because I'm sure they were being pushed by management.  

It finally irritated me so much that I just stopped going in to the store.   I decided to go to their website and just shop from there.   

They did open a new store in a strip mall in our area a little while ago so I had my poor husband go in as a test subject.  I told him exactly what I wanted and even wrote the name of the product on a piece of paper.    He said the clerk approached him and showed him the item and never asked if he needed anything else.   He said he never felt any type of hard sell.  

I still have a lot of product left but once I run out I'm going to give that store a shot.   Hopefully it isn't run as agressively as the one in the mall.  

Respected Contributor

If you sign up to receive BBW emails, you'll get a heads up the night before a big sale begins.

Esteemed Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@SusieQ_2   I used the wallflowers in many rooms. I agree they don't last. 
 They spill if not set vertically if removed from the wall. They are also dangerous for pets. My maid would leave them on their side unplugged after running the cleaner and ruined a table and a footstool. 
  I told her to set them in a cup underneath but she forgot. 
 One removed the finish from my grandmother's table and it was so sticky I gave it to DAV. 
  I've resorted to the solid ones from grocery stores except the one in the garage that's finishing the ones I bought. 

@1Snickers 

I had the same experience. I set the wallflower down on my dining room table without thinking and had to have the whole table top refinished. It happened during the holidays when I was distracted, but that was the end of wallflowers in this house. That liquid is really wicked stuff. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett