Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

That Ezekiel bread looks awful. My neighbor eats it, but he has trouble with his blood sugar taking a dive ,and I don't

I don't eat much bread anyway

@cherry

It makes good toast.  I had a sliced toasted this morning with avocado.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@cherry wrote:

That Ezekiel bread looks awful. My neighbor eats it, but he has trouble with his blood sugar taking a dive ,and I don't

I don't eat much bread anyway

@cherry

It makes good toast.  I had a sliced toasted this morning with avocado.

I like it also, especially with avocado.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bad potatoes

[ Edited ]

This might or might not have anything to do with it but potatoes are fall winter food and they are stored rest of year. I was watching this show on pbs about potatoes, their growth and storage.  The earth has a lot to do with the color of the skin, and the flavor.  Any moist storage, or change in temps causes rotting, and causes those little eyes in the potatoes to mold or rot the potato. If potatoes are stored in humid, damp area they will go bad.  

if they are not organic there are a lot of pesticides in the ground and they can put a retardant on the potato skin.  It makes the skin and outside look good but it sort of goes soft and bad on the inside.

perhaps the weather has a lot to do with the bad potatoes.  I buy organic, and they are usually ok. But I haven't bought white potatoes in quite a while, as we really don't eat them.  Sweet potatoes yes.  I will say the sweet potatoes this winter were horrible. I noticed this with the bulk sweet pots only . The bagged ones were okay