Honored Contributor
I am so sorry that happend. How awful. You can be thankful that didn’t happen right above your bed. It could have been much worse. At least no one was hurt. I hope you can get it fixed ASAP.
Honored Contributor

Seems like a common occurance. Lesson to be learned, skip the attic

humidifier !

We learned the hard way. won't take me couple of months, should be back to perfect by Fri. After using a garage vac to suck up all the insulation that's half the battle, then, mopping the floor 5 times after each repair man leaves

Thank God my new couch wasn't under the hole and they covered it with plastic before they started working.

We're buying a unit that you have to carry water to all the time. Don't like those, but, they're safer in the long run and cheaper ! LOL

1#shaksanta.gif

Honored Contributor

@SharkE

So sorry to hear about your incident, especially when you are tryig to prepare for the holiday season.....

We moved to Texas when I was in elementary school and never heard of a need for humidifiers in attics after all the years Ive lived here........must be a central or north Texas thing.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I'm in Amarillo , don't want my skin to look like a old saddle like some of the folks I see down here. To much sun is # 1 culprit I suspect. Dry air will make you cough and skin is tight and itchy. Static in the air, hair standing on end, etc. I got to have at least 50% humidity in house.

We're buying a stand alone unit. The attic one has been disconnected and water line cut. Won't happen again.