Honored Contributor

Backward Baseball Caps - UGH

What is it with men wearing baseball caps backward?   It's bad enough when teenagers and 20-somethings do this, but when middle-aged men do it it's especially unattractive.

I do not see the appeal of wearing a baseball cap style hat on backwards - it's ugly and also defeats the entire purpose of the cap which is keeping sun out of one's eyes.  What's the point of wearing that part in the back? And the adjustable band across one's forehead looks downright ugly.   It does not look cool - quite the contrary.

I absolutely hate this "look"!

Respected Contributor

Re: Backward Baseball Caps - UGH

My late husband wore his baseball hat backwards & he looked so cute...I have his favorite bb hat hanging by the door & wear it sometimes. 

Respected Contributor

It 's cool; I like it....especially on certain guys.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Mersha   I suspect there is a generation gap between us!   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

@Mersha   I suspect there is a generation gap between us!   Smiley Happy

@Pearlee   Probably not much of a gap at all.

I have teenage grandchildren.

Pearly, we will have to agree to disagree.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

I like it too. 

...and I'm not young.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee , Girl I am right there with you, I despise it!  It makes them look like their mentality is "duh"!  I have a friend and her 40 something son continuously wears his cap like that and I want to say something to her so bad about it, but I have kept my mouth shut!  He wears it inside the house as well as outside, I could understand a young teenage boy, but a grown man!

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@Pearlee , Girl I am right there with you, I despise it!  It makes them look like their mentality is "duh"!  I have a friend and her 40 something son continuously wears his cap like that and I want to say something to her so bad about it, but I have kept my mouth shut!  He wears it inside the house as well as outside, I could understand a young teenage boy, but a grown man!

@Hooty, a wise decision.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Guess I'm just not paying attention,  I've never noticed which way a guy wears his baseball cap.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never thought baseball caps were attractive on anyone except pro baseball players.

Even less attractive on men who wear them backwards just because, and men who also wear them backwards and also wear them correctly  to hide their bald heads, or heads with less hair.

I believe everyone should age gracefully and age well with dignity.  People should also  accept the fact that we do not remain young forever, and it is a privilege to grow old because many die young.

P.S. Also balding and thinning hair men should buy a sun hat and wear it when the sun is out and when it is cloudy too..  

A men;s sun hat has a brim on  it and covers the entire top of the head so men can still be protected from sunburning their scalps in warm  and cloudy weather.

Also when using the pool or beach using a thick sun resistent umbrella always helps as well as also wearing a sun hat on sunny and cloudy days.

In winter men should wear a winter hat to cover their heads when the sun is out or even on cloudy days, especially since the sun's rays do penetrate through the clouds.