Esteemed Contributor

Re: Backward Baseball Caps - UGH

@Cakers3 wrote:

Ken Griffey Jr. is considered the person who started this trend in the 1990's.

Image result for wearing a baseball cap backwards

Wearing a baseball cap backwards doesn't make a person anything more or anything less as a person;  just a person wearing a baseball cap backwards.

It's been pretty popular since long before the 90's.

I don't have a problem with it.   It looks better on some men than others, but either way, I would never call it "ugly".  (And on Ken, it's kind of cute!)

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@GiantsLover wrote:

I never thought baseball caps were attractive on anyone except pro baseball players.

Even less attractive on men who wear them backwards just because, and men who also wear them backwards and also wear them correctly  to hide their bald heads, or heads with less hair.

I believe everyone should age gracefully and age well with dignity.  People should also  accept the fact that we do not remain young forever, and it is a privilege to grow old because many die young.

Wow!  Now wearing a baseball cap is a sign of someone refusing to "age gracefully and with dignity".  I bet a lot of farmers and outdoor workers didn't know that.  They probably just thought they were wearing the caps to keep the sun out of their eyes and also to swat at flies when necessary!

I wear a baseball cap when out walking.  My DH wears them all the time.  Neither of us has an issue with our ages.

I can't believe the heated comments about a simple accessory.  Maybe some should try to get Congress to pass a law against them?  Woman Frustrated

Agreed.

I'm also not sure what the connection is between wearing a baseball cap and not being grateful for having lived a long time.  I'm pretty sure we're all aware that others die young.  Do we need to not wear baseball caps in order to acknowledge that we know that?

I think we can feel that it's a privilege to grow old and also wear baseball caps.  The two are not mutually exclusive.   IMO, growing old gracefully means accepting that everyone is different and that something as insignificant as length of hair or wardrobe choices are not for us to judge.

Honored Contributor

Baseball pitchers wear their hats backwards due to their pitchers mask...the only legitimate reason I can think of to wear it backwards....I guess I have seen them worn like that for so long I don’t even notice anymore.
Esteemed Contributor

I can honetly say, I have not noticed any men wearing baseball caps backwards. Now, I'm curious if I just haven't been paying attention.....

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Pearlee  My personal view is that the look can work for a few men, makes other men look like they're trying too hard and still other men look like they're not trying hard enough... Like you, just an observation, not a cause of stress... Sheesh, I think it's called simple comversation! 

Smiley Wink

@stevieb   Kind of amazing what people read into posts that isn't there.  Smiley Happy  And absolutely, it's simply a conversation starter.  There are things in life I really do stress about, but LOL certainly a backwards baseball cap isn't one of them.

Honored Contributor

I’m not a fan. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Baseball pitchers wear their hats backwards due to their pitchers mask...the only legitimate reason I can think of to wear it backwards....I guess I have seen them worn like that for so long I don’t even notice anymore.

There doesn't have to be a reason.  Why does anyone wear what they want in the way that they want?  There doesn't have to be a specific reason or a "legitimate" reason.

If someone likes a certain look or finds it comfortable, I have no problem with that.  It's not my business and not for me to judge.