Esteemed Contributor

I was a young mother to two children, ages 7 and 3.  Was a busy time, I remember, taking care of kiddies, doing some volunteer work, and also enjoying some hobbies.

At that point, we had moved into our second home, which we are still living in today.  Got married in 1966, still happily married, after traveling life’s journey together.  Our children are good people, married good people, and we have two beloved grandchildren.  Like everyone, life has had ups and downs, but we always stayed strong together.  So thankful for our blessings.

Honored Contributor

@bobby5 wrote:
@turquoise@Travone@Mary Bailey

I also graduated HS in 77👩‍🎓

Same here.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

@masque wrote:

1977.jpg

Had my second baby Heart

Honored Contributor

I graduated High School in 1977. I also worked at the local Cinema, so it was crazy with Star Wars and Saturday Night Fever! I just watched Saturday Night Fever a few days ago-love that movie and the music!

Honored Contributor

Brings back some fond memories.

Honored Contributor

I believe average wage is about just over $30,000 now, median price of a used house is around $260,000 vs. $330,000 for a new one.

So grocery prices and gas prices are pretty level that being the case as opposed to houses, which are a lot bigger now and have bigger garages, etc. often times.

Esteemed Contributor

I was a junior in college.I loved Saturday Night Fever. Being a Brooklyn girl I was able to go to the Disco the movie was filmed in countless times.

I spent the summer traveling through England, Holland, France & Israel with friends.I met a lot of interesting people. I ate & drank a lot of good food & beer/wine. I had a blast. 
 Those were the days!! 

Trusted Contributor

@shoesnbags - My daughter was born on a Friday at 3:00 a.m.  She was in my room with me all day Friday.  In those days they slept in the nursery at night not in the mom's room.  I was released Saturday a.m. and that's when they told me she had developed jaundice and had to stay under the bilirubin lights.  Fortunately she was released Sunday a.m. and we brought her home and she was fine.  I remember how sad I felt going home without her.  Not the way you thought it would be.  Glad everything turned out fine.  

be. 

Esteemed Contributor

@WORKING GAL wrote:

@shoesnbags - My daughter was born on a Friday at 3:00 a.m.  She was in my room with me all day Friday.  In those days they slept in the nursery at night not in the mom's room.  I was released Saturday a.m. and that's when they told me she had developed jaundice and had to stay under the bilirubin lights.  Fortunately she was released Sunday a.m. and we brought her home and she was fine.  I remember how sad I felt going home without her.  Not the way you thought it would be.  Glad everything turned out fine.  

be. 

@WORKING GAL 

Yes, my son was jaundiced too, and had to spend time under those "bili lights" as the nurses called them. I had forgotten about that! I do remember having to use a breast pump and take the milk to the hospital while he was there. I agree, it's such an empty feeling to come home without your baby.  But thankfully that little preemie just celebrated his 43rd birthday last month.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@bobby5 wrote:

Same here.

@gardenman wrote:

@bobby5 wrote:

Same here.

@gardenman wrote:

@bobby5 wrote:

Same here.

@gardenman wrote:

@bobby5 wrote:

Same here.

@gardenman @Turquoise @Travone @mary bailey. I'm a 1977 grad as welll.  It was definitely not the best time of my life, but I still wouldn't change a thing.