Honored Contributor

I hope I am not overstepping by creating the thread for this month's back fence. I removed all of the lawn chairs and fans and miscellaneous crazy things that I cluttered along the fence and replaced them with some dignified benches.

I like this one so we have somewhere to put our food when we are eating.

Speaking of eating - here is some apple cider and a sack of donuts

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Okay, no takers I see. Hmmm, how about some hot coffee and hot cocoa to go with the donuts?

Esteemed Contributor

You are so creative!!!!

Respected Contributor

Glad you cleaned up the Back Fence area Bird mama. Just thought about it and shamed myself for not getting it done so am thankful you did. Now we have an area to have our Hallowe'en trick or treat time.'Gonna be really hot today and the next few days and of course I received the infamous email last night to cut back electric usage between 2 and 6 today as we will be having a scorcher. Our heat will be 20 to 25 degrees higher than normal so that is the reason the surge will obviously occur and it could blow out the electricity. And at the same time we are having fire alert and wind alerts - NOT a good combo. Our newspaper headlines this morning. "Sweat time, not sweater time." And don't forget we are still in the middle of the drought.

We have the Angels and Dodgers BOTH in the baseball playoffs - sure would be nice to have the best Freeway Series ever. Well, I can hope. I am a Dodger fan and have been since I was a little kid in Raleigh NC and listened to them on the RAdio - they were in Brooklyn then. Greatest baseball team there is. OK, had to put my druthers in.

Was planning to trum my Jasmine bushes back but probably will not get to it the next few days. They are really pathetic looking like ALL my plants/trees but they still need shaping up. Will put some water on them as they are truly thirsty. Not sure how much good watering will do - even at a minimal as the ground is sooooooooo dry and that dryness goes down so deep - that is the biggest problem with the trees and bushes. They MUST have dampness around their roots and we have had so little rain for so long, you know it is really dry at the roots. Watering cannot get down that deep - and with a drought we cannot water that much anyway. Sigh.

Have Curves in about an hour and then will put my thinking cap on figuring out the rest of the day. By myself I would have NO problems but there are others in the house AND a lolt of four legged critters also.

Am leaving a good carrot cake. Thanks again Bird mama for the food and benches and getting us going for OCtober.

Honored Contributor

Winifred - I junked up the fence with all sorts of things so it was my responsibility to clear it away. I did leave a few throws in this storage bench (see I am adding another one - lol) in case it gets chilly.

It's raining here and going to get cold over the weekend. Weather people are saying it will feel like upper 30's and 40's tomorrow

Trusted Contributor
Hello my friends. boy, fall is really in the air.nThink I'll have to get the comforters out this week. Last eve. We had a nice dinner with our daughter and SIL. I got salad from the salad bar at the grocery,and added some nice home grown tomatoes. Also made a dressing. We ate Mexican stuffed shells, A family favorite,they tasted so good. then we had coffee and Apple Betty out on our new deck. We have a good time,and we are esp. Found of our SIL. Well, on a not so good note,it seems as though my procedure was a waste of time. After eating last eve. I was awake all night with pain in my abdomen. I saw my Gastro on Friday and he said there were about 3 choices of meds. That he could try. But first he wants to call my pain dr. So they can decide which would be best,since I already take so many pills. He will call me this week. I am pleased that they will be working together to make the right choice. I am afraid that something must have happened to HASD. I sent her a birthday E card. Her birthday was july31, and she never opened the. E mail. she always responded to me and she in turn always sent me a note on my birthday. this year I got nothing. this is very out of character of her. so Think something is wrong. wish I had a way to find out. It's very sad. Hope everyone here is well and stops by more often.
Honored Contributor

Hi Epi - I didn't get the chance to post often with HASD but it saddens me that HASD hasn't responded to your communications. I agree, something is wrong. I've often thought about telling my one sister about the Q forums and my nickname so if something happened to me she could post to the threads since I do regularly post here, at the birds nest and have participated in weekly threads for AM Style for several years (like clockwork).

I had such high hopes for you regarding that procedure. What was it supposed to correct? I remember you saying the gallbladder was gone. Is it a problem with your pancreas or bile ducts? It's bad when you have a stomach/digestion disorder because you almost get scared to eat when you know you will be paying for it later {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Respected Contributor

Epi, am so sad to hear that HASD has not responded to you. I always enjoyed her posts and have thought about her often. There are a couple more who no longer post here and through the years that happens and I often wonder about them. Occasionally there is someone who posts about them but not often. I know we had a great poster who was one of the originals on this thread - no one has heard from her in over a year. Sad thing is her husband and a couple others would sometimes stop by and post something. We knew she was not in good health but was sharp as a tack and soooooooo funny - but nothing now in a long time.

I need to get in gear - am moving slow this morning and in about an hour and a half I need to be on my way to pick up a friend for church. Here I sit and have not made a move to do anything - not even eat my bowl of oatmeal. LOL.

Hope all have a great day.

Trusted Contributor
It was really cold here last night. The weatherman said there was a possibility of frost so we mad sure the hoses were disconnected frim the faucets Epi I am so sorry that you did not get the anticipated relief. My mother used to have a horrible time. She wouldn't go to the doctor because she feRed a return of her cancer. It turned out to be gopher gall bladder no cancer at all. But it was too late for her to recover I miss smiles posts too. Kets keep our fingers crossed that it is a temo absence Freddie still no rain. Our climate is really screwed up. Did yoy all see the pictures of the walruses along the coast of Alaska. No ice chunks to float on
Trusted Contributor
On 10/5/2014 Bird mama said:

Hi Epi - I didn't get the chance to post often with HASD but it saddens me that HASD hasn't responded to your communications. I agree, something is wrong. I've often thought about telling my one sister about the Q forums and my nickname so if something happened to me she could post to the threads since I do regularly post here, at the birds nest and have participated in weekly threads for AM Style for several years (like clockwork).

I had such high hopes for you regarding that procedure. What was it supposed to correct? I remember you saying the gallbladder was gone. Is it a problem with your pancreas or bile ducts? It's bad when you have a stomach/digestion disorder because you almost get scared to eat when you know you will be paying for it later {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Birdmama, yes, the problem is with my bile duct. It contracts, and the bile builds up. when he did the ERCP he cut into the opening of the duct,making a slit, but that does not always work. Wouldn't you know I'm one where it failed,LOL!!!! so, now it's finding which of the 3 meds they make for this problem to take. I know sometimes they put a stent in to keep it open,but right now I want no more done as no matter how good a Dr. Is it's always a risk to under go anesthesia,as we all know.