Honored Contributor

Re: Back Fence in August - still hot!!!

Epi - do you still have your gallbladder? If so, too bad they can't just get rid of it.

I can handle all kinds of pain. My weakness in life is upset stomach, nausea and tummy upset. If I get nauseous and there is the remotest possibility I may lose what's on my stomach - I start crying like a 3 year old. Sad isn't it.

I could cry for you right now. I sincerely hope they can rid you of the problem with the procedure. Losing 23 pounds this way is not good. You are probably dehydrated on top of it {#emotions_dlg.crying}

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

I had my gallbladder removed 14 yrs ago. thankfully, I have not had any vomiting for weeks. thank you for your reply. I don't think your a "baby" for getting upset, don't blame you one bit. I have had so much pain, from fibromyalgia,back problems and this abdominal pain. I have had it with PAIN!!!!!!! I have been drinking more because of this problem,and eating lots of watermellon. For some reason it tastes extra good. thank you for your response : )
Respected Contributor

Bird Mama - the schools here are W E I R D. Tessa has been going to Options in San Bernardino - GREAT school for kids who have trouble focusing or kids who work, etc., etc. Davey was enrolled there - for the second time, he messed up big time the first go round and they flat boot you out if you do not follow the rules. Tessa is doing quite well there - two times a week, is given a text AND workbook she has to complete and then goes in the next time for testing - she is doing super well and can do as many of the workbooks she wants to so if she wants to she can get way ahead of kids in regular school. Davey was also enrolled and spent his time ditching - and TEssa went with him a couple times - and NOT turning in his work. From there he went back into the normal school system and that did not work well - hopefully he will do better this go round. Today he went up for his orientation and text and work books and has to complete only ONE workbook the first time. We shall see. They do NOT mess around with the kids as they do not go as often as other kids so they figure the kids must bear full responsibility for what they do or do not do. I AGREE and feel it is a great approach for kids.

Lot of schools have started - before I forget the Options school is only out for one month . Any way, the schools here where I live start next week - way too early in my estimation as they are given way too much time out during tghe school year.

Just learned something about RAmina - don't know how many remember but she is the young girl who lived down below for about 4 years - they moved out about a year and a half ago and left the property in shambles - has been empty since they left and of course is in foreclosure. Anyway her family is torn apart as is so many families out here. Her Mother had a baby with Jeff, Ramina's step dad - they have been together a long time. They moved out of town before the new baby came about. Then papa - Jeff - had a baby with someone else. I guess all have split around. Ramina is living with an uncle in CAbazon - have no clue where her dad, Mom and two young brothers and new baby and her nasty grandma are living but am told they have all split one way or another. Also ALL have lost their jobs through their own doing. Mom and Grandma had worked at WM for a long time. Jeff was manager at Bakers. They were all fired - you could see this coming but my heart breaks for Ramina. I so hope she hangs in there until she is out of high school. She always worked so very hard as school was difficult for her but she worked her b u t - off trying to stay on a level - was always proud of her. I think she is a senior this year.

Hope all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

Winifred - Are Tessa and Davey staying with you while going to Options? I know you said that Davey is with his Dad part time and all I can say is the lack of structure is not helping that boy. Tessa is setting a pretty good example for Davey, but if he's not around and with that dumbash (lol) father is his, oh brother!.

What a sad story about Ramina. I had my share of dysfunction in my family growing up but at least I knew where I was sleeping and had a permanent address{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Regular Contributor

Greetings from an overcast, muggy day in my world. We had a nice shower yesterday and Jim said it apparently had rained during the night. He got up at 5 this morning to get peaches brought here from CO. We've been buying them for years and they are normally delicious. Because of the drought last year they did not have a good crop, but that's the only time we've been disappointed. He went to Daylight Donuts for coffee and an apple fritter and ate that while he waited in line for them to open at 7. If you don't get there early you'll have to wait in a very long line of cars and sometimes they run out of peaches by the time you get your turn. Anyway he was the second car in line on the right side of the 18 wheeler (there's also a line on the left) and he said he snoozed a bit after his breakfast.

We were outside Wednesday evening after coming home from mid week Bible study and our neighbor with the noisy dogs walked over and we chatted a while and just as he was leaving he turned back and asked if his dogs barking bothered us and I said well, they're pretty noisy and he made a few more comments before he left and what he did I don't know, but the doggies are seldom heard now. I'm so glad he asked because we've always gotten along with these neighbors and we were not going to jeopardize that by complaining......but the relative quiet is soooo nice{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Boy, Freddie, I would have loved the kind of schooling Tessa is getting. I absolutely loathed school and this would have been right up my alley. Guess I was a few years too late for this innovation.

So many Ramina's in this world. Hope she makes it as well as Tessa and Davey. What grades are they in now?

Do either of you play Candy Crush? I am hooked, but not so much that I pay to play and I have no intention of doing so. In fact it annoys me that the app is advertised as free and it is until they think you're hooked and then you can only play a short time and they make you wait before coming back to it. Very frustrating. Anyway, I'm stuck on game 102. Of course they don't tell you anything about 'how' to play each game - you just dive in and learn by doing and they don't give you enough plays on this game to achieve the objective. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for this particular game (step).

Happy Saturday all. Sue

Respected Contributor

Hello there Sue. There is something comforting about seeing that the back fence is

still here and so are YOU! I am happy to see that you are doing so well and enjoying life. Hugs to you and Jim. And Winnie too!

Please forgive my interruption on this thread. Greetings to all here that I have not had the pleasure of meeting, yet.

Regular Contributor

Hey Cody, you've not interrupted the thread at all! We love having one and all join us here. You know you're welcome anytime and it is amazing that we've been here nearly 15 years! Pull up a lawn chair and tell us what you've been up to! By the way, how'd you even find us? This BB is so difficult to circumvent I don't even try to and have to add the back fence to my favorites so I can find it each day{#emotions_dlg.blink}

The peaches are deeelicious and I'm leaving some at the fence. Enjoy!

Happy early Monday morning all. Sue

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Fencers ~ we had unprecedented rain around metro Detroit yesterday. Actually it started in the mid afternoon and kept on going, for hours. Talk about flooding.... oh my goodness. Some local freeways were actually flooded to the point of not being able to see the roofs of SUVs {#emotions_dlg.scared}. When I finally made it to my street, it looked like a lake. Around here, we have lawn areas near the house, then public sidewalk, then a deep area of lawn, then the street. The water covered the street, the grass area near the street and the sidewalk - it looked like I lived on lakefront property. My basement was flooded a bit, thank goodness it was not waste water. I was up until 1:30 this morning, mopping, wringing and moving stuff around. Getting under that treadmill was a trip. I dragged an old heavy mirror (never used it -must weigh over 50 pounds) and an odd side table (don't use that either) and put those at the curb this morning. My dolly/hand truck sure came in handy. I feel like I was hit by a mack truck but I have so much to be grateful for - so many others south of my neighborhood lost cars and one lady died of a heart attack when her car was overcome with water.

I called in for a personal day today - I need to go buy a tube of bengay for my back Wink

Respected Contributor

Cody, come on back an keep visiting and chatting with us. Love it for sure!!! I have missed a few days as I have been on a roller coaster again and the heat and humidity has come back with a vengeance. Oh my was sure hoping that humidity was gone - what a dreamer I was.

Went to see a musical in the lower desert Sunday - it was just great!!! It was also a very long day so I really crashed that night. Three of us, we went to church then headed down to the desert, saw the musical and then stopped at the Olive Garden for a very late lunch - or early dinner. Got home at 6 and then headed to San Bernardino to pick up the kids. Super long day but a good one.

The days have gotten so short so fast - really fast. I do not like the short days and before long it will be dark at 5 - I really do not like that. Grrr.

Hope all are doing great - Bird mama, you had some work to do lady with all that rain. My goodness. I always say we can use the extra rain everyone else has but it does not seem to happen. LOL.

Have a great day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Cody, by all means, stop by the back fence whenever you are able. The more, the merrier {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} It's nice to meet you.