Super Contributor

Boston has been chosen for the US candidate for the bid for Summer Olympics 2024.

Honored Contributor

Good band, great city. Boston strong!

Respected Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Boston is a good city however the wrong choice for the event. Transportation is so lacking and negotiating around Mass. is awful. Lots of history, good sports etc. in Boston, and Mass. but not good for such a venue.

Honored Contributor

Congrats to Boston! I'm so thankful that the choice was NOT DC!!!!!!!!!!! Traffic around here is always a mess! The subway system always seems to have one issue or another. I can't believe anyone would have even thought to nominate DC!

Super Contributor
They could not do what is necessary to support such a venture. Will not happen.
Super Contributor

Not everyone in Boston is thrilled about it either!

Three Different Groups Are Weighing in on the Olympics in ...

Respected Contributor

Although it would be the thrill of a lifetime having the Olympics in Boston, I just can't imagine hundreds of foreigners trying to navigate the Boston streets, LOL. Thankfully, city officials would have several years to make improvements, but Boston is still Boston, with narrow and one-way streets that haven't been widened since the 1700s. Charming, but I'm not sure it would work for a worldwide event.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor
On 1/9/2015 Krimpette said:

Congrats to Boston! I'm so thankful that the choice was NOT DC!!!!!!!!!!! Traffic around here is always a mess! The subway system always seems to have one issue or another. I can't believe anyone would have even thought to nominate DC!

ITA. DC would be a NIGHTMARE. The Metro cannot manage to run without incident as it is.

Honored Contributor

i was actually HOPING it would be in DC.....that way baltimore could get some of the events and business. i know though that the traffic situation would have been crazy. it still would have been nice. london had a lot of traffic problems also according to our family there, but they have a great public transportation system.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
On 1/9/2015 sunshine45 said:

i was actually HOPING it would be in DC.....that way baltimore could get some of the events and business. i know though that the traffic situation would have been crazy. it still would have been nice. london had a lot of traffic problems also according to our family there, but they have a great public transportation system.

Sadly, I can't say the same for DC. Better that the city did not get chosen, IMHO.