Super Contributor

I think for Boston it would be a logistical nightmare. We can't get into the city from my house (only 7 miles away) in less than an hour somedays now and they want to put athlete housing between here and there. I hope one of the many other deserving worldwide ventures is the final choice.

Respected Contributor

The Olympics are the poster child for a "boondoggle". i hope the residents of Boston and the State of MA are ready to fork over billions of dollars with absolutely no guarantee that any of it will be repaid, much less that they'll get a profit.

Honored Contributor
On 1/9/2015 Sabatini2 said:

Not everyone in Boston is thrilled about it either!

Three Different Groups Are Weighing in on the Olympics in ...

Hi Sabatini Smile

SF was in the running, too, and a lot of people who live here were against it. The taxpayers pay for it but get little if anything back.

SF is also surrounded, as you know, by water on three sides, which means some would have to be built in the east bay or to the south.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor
On 1/9/2015 Linders Back said:

I think for Boston it would be a logistical nightmare. We can't get into the city from my house (only 7 miles away) in less than an hour somedays now and they want to put athlete housing between here and there. I hope one of the many other deserving worldwide ventures is the final choice.

Hi LB, Smiley Happy

You read my mind.

LOVE Boston, but I can't imagine adding to it, what it would take, to put on the Olympics.

Topaz, brought up some good thoughts too.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Super Contributor
I love Boston but lately the last few Olympic games have been hard on the host city/country.
Honored Contributor
By the time 2024, rolls around, security will be such an issue it will be virtually impossible to conduct the Olympic Games. Considering that and the cost, I've wondered if it's time to end the Olympics in lieu of smaller, regional competitions.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor
On 1/9/2015 Kachina624 said: By the time 2024, rolls around, security will be such an issue it will be virtually impossible to conduct the Olympic Games. Considering that and the cost, I've wondered if it's time to end the Olympics in lieu of smaller, regional competitions.
You are so right. Who in their right mind would want to risk their life to see or be in the Olympics ? I think it is no longer viable and who in their right mind would want it in their city? Too much danger .
Esteemed Contributor
Millions and millions of public money spent to build the needed structures and support system and the only ones who profit are the businesses who provide services like restaurants, hotels etc. When the games end and the money has been pocketed the ones left holding the bag with nothing in it are the taxpayers.