Respected Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

I believe it means "blown out of proportion ".

I've never seen a post that just had BOOP in it, but this makes the most sense.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

urban dictionary:

Affectionately poking someow on the nose, often accompanied by saying "Boop!"

The mystery of the boop shall never be revealed. But when saying "Boop" you must poke a random person on the nose.

Image result for boop the nose gif

Esteemed Contributor

I gave up trying to make sense of it.  "She" explained it as the old woman they show on greeting cards - but that didn't compute with me either.  So I just don't bother to click on it anymore - but noticed OP's tag and question so did today.  Thought I might learn something.  (Nope)

Honored Contributor

I like this ‘BOOP’

EDB95A72-E99C-4048-B7F9-B72B50E1152E.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I gave up trying to make sense of it.  "She" explained it as the old woman they show on greeting cards - but that didn't compute with me either.  So I just don't bother to click on it anymore - but noticed OP's tag and question so did today.  Thought I might learn something.  (Nope)

@fthunt  I thought that was Maxine on the Hallmark cards?

Related image

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

What does BOOP mean in a post?  A bump up?

Sounds like a mystery to me, @FranandZoe!😀    I think I'd ask the person who's posting it, since there are many possible meanings.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

@FranandZoeI thought they did away with bump ups, so to speak. Meaning, in the past, if you replied to a thread, say on page 3, it would move that thread to the top of page 1 in the forums.

Now, it doesn’t happen. If you reply to a thread on page 3, it remains there. I miss the old way of moving it to page 1.

@Mimi 1883, Bumping threads currently is listed in the Standards for Participation as a no-no.   I don't think that ever changed.  

I'm not sure what you're referring to in your comment that I placed in bold -- when we add a new post to a thread, that does cause the thread to move up to the top of the sub-forum and it remains there until someone comments on another thread.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

@FranandZoe

Here's my favorite Boop .........  

Trusted Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

@FranandZoeI thought they did away with bump ups, so to speak. Meaning, in the past, if you replied to a thread, say on page 3, it would move that thread to the top of page 1 in the forums.

Now, it doesn’t happen. If you reply to a thread on page 3, it remains there. I miss the old way of moving it to page 1.

@Mimi 1883, Bumping threads currently is listed in the Standards for Participation as a no-no.   I don't think that ever changed.  

I'm not sure what you're referring to in your comment that I placed in bold -- when we add a new post to a thread, that does cause the thread to move up to the top of the sub-forum and it remains there until someone comments on another thread.

@dooBdoo  I just posted a reply to a thread on page 3. In the past, that response would’ve moved that thread to the top of page1, the beginning, to keep the thread active. However, the thread, and my post, is still on page 3. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

BOOP !

Image result for boop the nose gif