Respected Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

What does BOOP mean in a post?  A bump up?

@FranandZoeI thought they did away with bump ups, so to speak. Meaning, in the past, if you replied to a thread, say on page 3, it would move that thread to the top of page 1 in the forums.

Now, it doesn’t happen. If you reply to a thread on page 3, it remains there. I miss the old way of moving it to page 1.

@Mimi 1883, Bumping threads currently is listed in the Standards for Participation as a no-no.   I don't think that ever changed.  

I'm not sure what you're referring to in your comment that I placed in bold -- when we add a new post to a thread, that does cause the thread to move up to the top of the sub-forum and it remains there until someone comments on another thread.

@dooBdoo  I just posted a reply to a thread on page 3. In the past, that response would’ve moved that thread to the top of page1, the beginning, to keep the thread active. However, the thread, and my post, is still on page 3. 

@Mimi 1883 I think (though I could be wrong) that this is determined by your own account settings. I believe you can choose between displaying posts in chronological order by when they were originally posted, or displaying posts with new replies first. If you tell me which post you're referring to, I can tell you where it appears for me.

Honored Contributor

So what is the official answer to the BOOP question?  Now I'm curious!

Respected Contributor

The mystery of the BOOP shall never be revealed.

But when saying "BOOP" you must poke

a random person on the nose Smiley LOL

Related image

Trusted Contributor

@WenGirl42 Hi. It was this morning to @ tsavorite for “Going to first foot doctor.”  I will check my settings. Thank you so much!

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@WenGirl42@ Hi. It was this morning to @ tsavorite for “Going to first foot doctor.”  I will check my settings. Thank you so much!

Hi @Mimi 1883 Woman Happy That thread is on the first page of Wellness for me, about 6 posts down from the top, currently.  You're welcome, and I hope it helped!

Honored Contributor

I take *Boop* to mean:  I've said what I said and you can take it or leave it.

Kinda like *mic drop*. 

Which is a stupid saying, if you ask me.

<boop>

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I take *Boop* to mean:  I've said what I said and you can take it or leave it.

Kinda like *mic drop*. 

Which is a stupid saying, if you ask me.

<boop>

LOL

i love "mic drop!"

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Thanks Everyone!

Trusted Contributor

There's a poster here that does this almost every day.  There's a title and then the word boop as the mssage.  It's a picture of some sort to cheer everyone up.  This day it's a beach photo.