Esteemed Contributor

I also read that deals with two major fast food hamburger chains didn't work out.  Sales wern't there.  

Respected Contributor

We have to also keep in mind we are still coming out of the pandemic and supply chain issues.

Jif peanut butter was recalled weeks ago and, as yet, I have not seen any back on the shelves.

It will take awhile to get everything back up and running.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Super Contributor

@ValuSkr , Yes, a friend of mind is vegan, and she will not eat any meat substitute that has the texture of meat, she said it makes her gag.  She has limited choices sometimes when we are dining out, but she would rather eat something that doesn't look like meat, instead she often orders pasta.

Honored Contributor

Re: BEYOND MEATS

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr

Why do low cabers try to recreate low carb versions of carby  foods?🤣😉

But it’s the people trying to find meat substitutes who get criticized. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Re Beyond Meat: It's Beyond Me why vegans - if they don't like meat - nevertheless want products that look and taste like real meat.

@ValuSkr,

I'm a vegetarian and for me I had a Beyond Burger once. The problem I feel with this brand is it looks too much like real meat including dripping red stuff-gross!

I always wanted to be a vegetarian most of my life but didn't think I could give up hamburgers or chicken. Now I can't imagine-feel like they are my friends, and don't like to think of anything being harmed.

Still I do like being able to eat something like a hamburger but not that ACTS like one!

I do like other brands more that are successful. 

And I try to find sources of protein and these veggie things can help though some are not too good or healthy either.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

DH does alot of the cooking for us.  He uses Beyond Meat that looks like 2 big sausage links.  He cuts them up into small pieces, cooks them, then adds bell peppers cut into pieces and adds a can of unsalted sliced potatoes.

We both find it very good and he makes it about once a week.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
I’m not a fan of Beyond Burgers based on the ingredients. I admit to eating Morningstar black bean burgers on occasion. It’s not the best either but whatever. 🤣 Sometimes I don’t want to make from scratch.
Respected Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I’m not a fan of Beyond Burgers based on the ingredients. I admit to eating Morningstar black bean burgers on occasion. It’s not the best either but whatever. 🤣 Sometimes I don’t want to make from scratch.

@bikerbabe , we haven't tried any of the other Beyond Meats products, so cannot say how they taste.

We do eat a lot of Morningstar and Boca products.

Honored Contributor

When I eat a Beyond Burger, I'm eating something that doesn't have blood vessels of hundreds of cows, or cartilage, flesh, arteries, fat and even poop.

Is that okay with you?

Honored Contributor

Jif is back here in central AL

@Mersha wrote:

We have to also keep in mind we are still coming out of the pandemic and supply chain issues.

Jif peanut butter was recalled weeks ago and, as yet, I have not seen any back on the shelves.

It will take awhile to get everything back up and running.