Esteemed Contributor

Re: BEST PLACES TO BUY PERFUME?

[ Edited ]

@50Mickey wrote:

If you like the floral scents, my favorite is Paris by YSL. Is has a beautiful feminine timeless scent. I wouldn't order fragrances online. I would go to a dept. store or Sephora or Ulta and try them out first. Some counters will give you a small sample and then you can wear it for awhile and see how it is on you. 

Oh my, Paris, hasn't that been around for ages?  If I remember correctly I wore that fragrance many years ago.  I do  know how Lily of the Vally and Lavender smell, I am just attempting to find out where I can get the best price for them.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma  - Are you looking for suggestions for other fragrances, or are you only looking to buy the ones that you mentioned in your OP? If it's only the ones in your OP, the Woods of Windsor brand is available on the Wal-Mart website. The Yardley fragrances are available from Vermont Country Store. 

I'm afraid I can't help with other fragrance suggestions as lily of the valley and lavender aren't my type of scents. 

To answer your question, I was simply attempting to find where to buy what I want at the best price for the two scents I want to buy.  Thanks for your your response.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Since I live in a hot climate (AZ) if I plan to buy fragrance, I do it during the cooler months, since I don't think it does it any good to be stewing around in a hot UPS/USPS truck all day in 100°+ weather before it gets to me.  When it's hot, I try & buy in person for that reason.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in Arizona too and  you made a great point. I know the scents I want and all I am asking is if anyone knows who has the best (lowest) price I can order from online.  Of course I am also checking the Internet but because we have so many people on the boards with a lot of great information is why I asked in the first place.  Since many people have things like perfume delivered to them I guess we just have to take our chances.  I do know perfume is warm in the bottle when it arrives and it takes a few days to cool so I do not open the bottle for at least a week and by then it should be ready to use.

Also, since my hip surgery in 2015 I no longer drive and my daughter, who I depend on to take me where I have to go is not readily available nor is she the most accommodating person I know.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]
I purchase from Fragrance Net; Jessica McClintock (by JMcC same name) is vibrant, beautiful and has a great Lilly-Of-The-Valley note. It's amazing!!