Honored Contributor

Re: BEST PLACES TO BUY PERFUME?

How can anyone buy fragrance online and expect to love it, when you can't smell it??? I need to smell it in person on my skin before  buy it. 

Regular Contributor

My Favorite is Infusion D'Iris by Prada. I only want the perfume, not the toilet water. After dealing with Fragrance.net for along time , I got sick of their dishonest email coupons and the price juggling they do when you go to order it,

I found the 6.3oz perfume at Maxaroma.com.

Best price, free & fast shipping, and no tax. Happy Day!!!

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  - Are you looking for suggestions for other fragrances, or are you only looking to buy the ones that you mentioned in your OP? If it's only the ones in your OP, the Woods of Windsor brand is available on the Wal-Mart website. The Yardley fragrances are available from Vermont Country Store. 

I'm afraid I can't help with other fragrance suggestions as lily of the valley and lavender aren't my type of scents. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

When I was using conventional perfume, I loved fragrancnet.com. I also used fragranceX and sometimes Amazon (but only directly from Amazon).

I  now use exclusively perfume oils, so it's a whole different story. I buy directly from the niche companie or from Etsy if they sell there.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma @Sweet_Serenity 

This is the scent that has me going. It is for DH for Fathers Day. We have looked for many years for scents for him that doesn’t provoke a migraine (in me)

I think I tolerate this one real well because the ingredients appear to be from essential oils.

i wish the Q carried this line. 

F2E0C48E-D2B3-4751-92C9-46421232C28D.jpeg

063C8459-282D-4672-8E02-D2FAD45C26FD.jpeg

EE3DA383-D010-4305-A48C-2A93290D7B34.jpeg

I love that the side side of the box has a place to write a note! Oooo-la la!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

if you know what you want, buy from Belk or Macy's and the shipping is free. You can also go to Ulta and check many scents...I was surprised to find they carry some very well-known brands of perfume
Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

How can anyone buy fragrance online and expect to love it, when you can't smell it??? I need to smell it in person on my skin before  buy it. 

I know exactly what I want, what I am looking for is the best place to buy it at the best price.  My bad, I didn't make myself clear on my Thread.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Amazon sells many brands (and if you have Prime, shipping is free).

And many Amazon vendors won’t take perfume back if you don’t like it. 

Honored Contributor

My local Walgreens has a bunch of perfumes. Also, my Walmart store carries a fairly good size collection there, too.

Esteemed Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

I would first go someplace where I could actually try the fragrance.  Sorry but I don't understand purchasing something which a fragrance without smelling it first (ie perfume, candles, air fresheners).  

Go to the fragrance counters at Macy's, Nordstrom, Ulta, Sephora ie any Big Box store first.  Then you can look online for the best deal for your chosen fragrance. 

I know what I want, what I want is to find out where I can get the best price.  I specifically mentioned the scents I want and did not ask how they smell.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam