Esteemed Contributor

I am currently in the market to purchase perfume and would appreciate some ideas of where the best buys are.  I'm considering either Lily Of The Valley or Lavender by Yardley or Woods of Windsor.  The last time I bought some from Fragnance Net the Rose scent barely had any scent at all so I'm nervous about using them again.  I guess if their price is the best I may have to.  Any and all responses will be appreciated. TIA

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Re: BEST PLACES TO BUY PERFUME?

Go to Nordstrom or Saks and ask for assistance! 

Esteemed Contributor

Amazon sells many brands (and if you have Prime, shipping is free).

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  I just purchased two beautiful fragrances by Jo Malone at Nordstrom.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

My new favorite find is by Lilly en Provence.

I have only found it one place near me... otherwise I guess it is in France!

The scents they concoct, using all essential oils, is just heavenly!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@Lindsays GrandmaI assume the Rose Scent you purchased from Fragrant net you have not tried out before. I have bought from fragrance net with good results. For instance, I loved Querlain Terracotta edp.that was a limited edition. Since I used it before, I was pleased that scent was spot on. I also purchased from them a few discontinued fragrances that I have used in the past. I also have found fragrances at low cost at discount stores like TJMax, Ross or Marshall. You should check it out now because they stock more scents for Mother's Day & other holidays. Of course, You can look for sales in Department Stores or Ulta & Sephora. HTH

Frequent Contributor

QVC best place.. more product and you don't have to be surrounded by horrible smelling perfumes in the process of finding the one.. Philosophy has a couple I LOVE.. Amazing Grace and Baby Grace.. I know that Ulta has Amazing Grace but they don't have Baby Grace.. I won't buy it there though.. I'd rather get it through QVC.
Honored Contributor

I got a bottle of  Diorissimo from Amazon, and it hardly had any scent. I contacted them and they reimbursed me   for the entire amount

I repurchased it again , from Amazon, and the new product was fine

Trusted Contributor

I would first go someplace where I could actually try the fragrance.  Sorry but I don't understand purchasing something which a fragrance without smelling it first (ie perfume, candles, air fresheners).  

Go to the fragrance counters at Macy's, Nordstrom, Ulta, Sephora ie any Big Box store first.  Then you can look online for the best deal for your chosen fragrance. 

Respected Contributor

If you like the floral scents, my favorite is Paris by YSL. Is has a beautiful feminine timeless scent. I wouldn't order fragrances online. I would go to a dept. store or Sephora or Ulta and try them out first. Some counters will give you a small sample and then you can wear it for awhile and see how it is on you.