Respected Contributor

Re: BEST ELECTRIC RANGE BRAND?

@furbabylover wrote:

@Catty2 Thank you for response. Here's the thing- the range I have IS a GE, and it has been nothing but trouble from the beginning. But I have put up with its issues for 20 years!! It is a model that has an oversized oven, but the oven never would hold its temperature, so I would always have to set it higher than the recipe called for. No repairman was ever able to fix it. Now it just started dropping 30 degrees, so its time to replace it. But thanks for your input!!

Oh dear, I am sorry. I think my old GE oven is the problem. It's stealing your heat. My oven runs a good 100 degrees over what the temp dial says. The repairman says a thermostat isn't cheap and it might not fix the problem, so I live with it.

Thanks for the tater tots I had tonight. They were perfect. Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

@Mindy D  Thank you, that is very wise advice. I agree that older is better. My Kenmore Elite fridge is over 20 years old and is wonderful. I will check out Marconi. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, @furbabylover. I have had the best luck with Whirlpool brands. As a matter of fact, my dishwasher malfunctioned today and I had a big mess. It is a whirlpool, but it is at least 15 years old.

When my dh pulled it out of the wall, I found my wedding band, I lost it at least 7 years ago. 

I hope you find the perfect range. 

Respected Contributor

If you do decide to buy a new range, it may take awhile to arrive.  I ordered a new KitchenAid gas range on 9-10-20 from a locally owned appliance store & it still hasn't arrived.  I called my salesman last week to see if he could give me a timeframe on when to expect it & he said it might be here by mid-Dec.  When I ordered it, he'd told me it would be here early to mid Nov., but everything is backordered & out of stock.

Valued Contributor

@happycat  That's WONDERDUL about your ring!! And thanks for the tip about Whirlpool. I've been hearing good things about them.

Valued Contributor

@happycat  I meant to say WONDERFUL ABOUT YOUR RING!

Valued Contributor

@noodleann  LOL I knew someone was stealing my oven's heat!! LOL

Honored Contributor

I usually check the Buying Guide from Consumer Report.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@furbabylover

I taught Home Economics for nearly 30 years. I had GE electric ranges in my classroom.

I have a GE gas range in my kitchen,and my sister has a Whirlpool electric stove.

You may want to look for the range at (eg) Home Depot and GE website. You can see better the feature(s) you may want to buy.

Home Depot says,they have a Special Buy. I don't believe them. You can take the model number of range and find the price online.

Some retailers will match a local price on the same appliance. 

There is an app that will price match for you. 

Honored Contributor

I have a Samsung double oven range.  I really like it.  I used the bigger oven yesterday for the turkey but usually use only the smaller one.  My next oven will have an air fryer option.