Valued Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! I just found that my oven is malfunctioning, its not getting hot to the temperature I set it. Its OK as far as today's dinner is concerned, I have other options, but Friday I am going to look for another range. Can I please get your opinion on the best brand and model of an electric range? I have learned so much from you all and I know I can trust your feedback. Thank you so much!!

Respected Contributor

Re: BEST ELECTRIC RANGE BRAND?

I've had 2 GE ranges in 2 different houses.  One was just the cooktop with a wall oven.  Both worked well.  

Valued Contributor

@Catty2 Thank you for response. Here's the thing- the range I have IS a GE, and it has been nothing but trouble from the beginning. But I have put up with its issues for 20 years!! It is a model that has an oversized oven, but the oven never would hold its temperature, so I would always have to set it higher than the recipe called for. No repairman was ever able to fix it. Now it just started dropping 30 degrees, so its time to replace it. But thanks for your input!!

Valued Contributor
Respected Contributor

Sorry you've had a bad experience with your oven.  Hope you find a new one that will be more reliable.  

Valued Contributor

@Reconnaissant Thanks for the tip! I will check it out. Happy Thanksgiving!

Valued Contributor

@furbabylover 

Happy Thanksgiving 

Respected Contributor

I have a Samsung slide in electric for the last five years.  I love it,  extra large interior, has option to use as a convection, self cleaning.  Fabulous.  Now is the best time to buy at Home Depot...........very good sales.  They install. remove the old one at no extra charge.

PS:  It is so pretty, too!

Valued Contributor

@Somertime Thank you!! I am going to Home Depot's site right now. That sounds lovely. Happy Thanksgiving!

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! I just found that my oven is malfunctioning, its not getting hot to the temperature I set it. Its OK as far as today's dinner is concerned, I have other options, but Friday I am going to look for another range. Can I please get your opinion on the best brand and model of an electric range? I have learned so much from you all and I know I can trust your feedback. Thank you so much!!

@furbabylover @You can order a new heating element from Marconi Electric. If they are still in business online you can get every part. I replaced my elements in my old home and this worked like a charm.

Most new appliances are just not very good. Read the reviews for any model you consider. Companies and brands are constantly undergoing changes and a brand that was great a few years ago can be lousy now.