Respected Contributor

If you choose one from your personal picture file is it possible for other posters to trace it back to the owner of the picture?

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Honored Contributor

Hi, Lotus

I just checked and the one I looked at allowed me to see the image info, so it appears to me we need to be as careful with the profile pix as we do with all pix.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

okay, I'm going to try this. I don't understand how anyone can trace your avatar back to your computer. I'll post it and see if I can. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

@Lotus wrote:

If you choose one from your personal picture file is it possible for other posters to trace it back to the owner of the picture?

That depends on the picture and where it came from. If it came from your digital camera and you did not turn off the geotagging, then maybe so. If you use the same image in other places and they are linked to you (a blog with your real name, for example), they may be able to use Google image search and link it back to you. 

Super Contributor

Yes don't do it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been asking about you, dooB all afternoon.

You are my 3rd post. I ventured out to other forums but hurridly came back to SHOWME'S and found our sweet friend and PREDDY which is Preds again. ChickB. I saw one time and said something about her post were reduced. Mine were 2,500. Now 595something! Thank you for all of your suggestions yesterday. I really needed them. I am not posting a picture. (Also, there is no time slot when you posted I posted last).

All of this is taking more time than I expected. I believe tracking down where you left off is the most difficult thing for me. I have not resorted to tags as a click on to, no message board fill ins...just the back 'n forth letting a few friends know I am here+new abbrev, for _Not an easy sale/Cat Wink NAES

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure what some are seeing, but I looked at my Avatar and, since they load your pics to this board now, the only html on it was for this website.  I don't see how pics that you load here can get others on your computer or any of your personal information.  If I'm confused,  please enlighten me because I'd like to know.

Honored Contributor

If you right click on the avatar and select "inspect Element" a lot of information comes up on the right side of  the screen..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

I like having avatars, more fun!  Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

If you right click on the avatar and select "inspect Element" a lot of information comes up on the right side of  the screen..... 

that just looks like computer language to me, nothing personal information. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.