Frequent Contributor

August used to be back to school!

Now that I am on Medicare, August is the start of a deluge of spam calls for Medicare, braces, funeral insurance, hearing aids, credit card debt resolution, etc., etc. Yada, yada.

Thank goodness for caller ID! Now, if they could figure out a way to stop the spoofing calls. . .no point in blocking them because they keep changing the number.

Honored Contributor

Re: August used to be back to school!

I agree! I had 15 calls yesterday from someplace in Montana....I don't even bother, just block. I used to be on a "do not call" list, but guess they have figured out away around those now.

Honored Contributor

I agree - our realtor sold my cell phone number so ever since we listed our house in January I get constnt daily spam calls. And, your right, no use blocking them, they just move it up one number.

Respected Contributor

We've been getting lots of calls from candidates for the upcoming primary. We don't bother to answer. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deeva,

You're absolutely right! I bet several calls were political!

It's gonna be a loooonnnnggggg fall until the elections are over.

Respected Contributor

@dragonflyveb  I feel your pain.  At least my "Nomorobo" catches all the robo calls and stops them after one ring.  I even get these "sales" calls on my work phone (can't block those).

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I got 'call blocker' from Q and HSN

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure it never stops.  

Honored Contributor

@dragonflyveb wrote:

Now that I am on Medicare, August is the start of a deluge of spam calls for Medicare, braces, funeral insurance, hearing aids, credit card debt resolution, etc., etc. Yada, yada.

Thank goodness for caller ID! Now, if they could figure out a way to stop the spoofing calls. . .no point in blocking them because they keep changing the number.

@dragonflyveb  Are you also getting the emails for elevators for the stairs, walk in tubs, scooters, etc.?  

Honored Contributor

I really think SS sells the information.

The minute I applied for mine, I was bombarded with krap.