Honored Contributor

Re: Ashleigh Banfield on CNN This Morning

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Maybe she's trying to compete for the male viewers of another cable channelSmiley Happy

Won't she have to wear a short tight skirt, stilettos, and sit at a clear glass topped table?

Just to complete the compete.

My husband has said that F*X female newsreaders have the sexy-look perfected.  He watches "Outnumbered" and "The Five" with the sound muted.

He doesn't want to be distracted by all of that news stuff.

hahaha

Honored Contributor

@Frosted Cake wrote:

I'm watching CNN this morning with Ashleigh Banfield.  I like her as an anchor.  But, this morning, she is wearing such a low cut top that her cleavage is out there and it looks terrible.  Where is the decorum anymore for news people on TV?  

She's got a great job. She should dress professionally.   I couldn't dress like that in my former office!   I see women news anchors in tops that with their long hair covering the straps, makes them look like they are wearing beachwear!   Some local TV anchors dress more professionally!

They don't have to be in a business suit, but please.   We don't need to see your cha cha's.   Dress with some respect for the job you have and the people who are watching and trying to take you seriously.

MOST LIKELY IT IS NOT HER

Women reporters are being told by their bosses to dress like that.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

I have been watching CNN all morning, including Ashleigh's show and never noticed what she was wearing.  I was watching the news.

You're obviously not a boob watcher.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@Marp wrote:

I think those that are more focused on what a news person is wearing than what is being said are not really listening to the "news".

I agree.  One only sees what one is looking for.

Oh, I don't know about that.

I sometimes see things I'm not looking for.

And wish I hadn't seen them.

And I'm not talking boobs or crotches.

Valued Contributor

@Marp wrote:

I think those that are more focused on what a news person is wearing than what is being said are not really listening to the "news".

I'm listening to the news.   I used to work as a producer in a radio news talk station.  It has nothing to do with being jealous of successful women.   Women want to be judged by their brains.   We fight for years to be taken seriously and not be judged for our looks or figures and body parts.   There are a lot of women out there vying for anchor jobs who want to display something other than their curves.

Valued Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Frosted Cake wrote:

I'm watching CNN this morning with Ashleigh Banfield.  I like her as an anchor.  But, this morning, she is wearing such a low cut top that her cleavage is out there and it looks terrible.  Where is the decorum anymore for news people on TV?  

She's got a great job. She should dress professionally.   I couldn't dress like that in my former office!   I see women news anchors in tops that with their long hair covering the straps, makes them look like they are wearing beachwear!   Some local TV anchors dress more professionally!

They don't have to be in a business suit, but please.   We don't need to see your cha cha's.   Dress with some respect for the job you have and the people who are watching and trying to take you seriously.

You're probably right.   

Maybe we'll see David Muir doing the news with an undershirt on soon.  He needs to show off his pecks.

Honored Contributor

@Frosted Cake wrote:

@Marp wrote:

I'm listening to the news.   I used to work as a producer in a radio news talk station.  It has nothing to do with being jealous of successful women.   Women want to be judged by their brains.   We fight for years to be taken seriously and not be judged for our looks or figures and body parts.   There are a lot of women out there vying for anchor jobs who want to display something other than their curves.

I really do think that some of the most beautiful ones really, really do not want to place the focus on their bodies.  As you say, they have worked hard to be taken seriously and the reality is that many viewers will not take then seriously if they perceive that the news women are trying to sex it up on air.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

I have been watching CNN all morning, including Ashleigh's show and never noticed what she was wearing.  I was watching the news.

You're obviously not a boob watcher.

Smiley Happy

Obviously not.  I've got my own and can look at them any time!!  LOL

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

@Frosted Cake wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@Frosted Cake Can you please explain how you could make this statement yet start a thread like this?  This seems to contradict the intention behind your original post.

Honored Contributor

@Frosted Cake wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Frosted Cake wrote:

You're probably right.   

Maybe we'll see David Muir doing the news with an undershirt on soon.  He needs to show off his pecks.

Then he should be bare chested.

He could wear a tie, though.