Honored Contributor

It’s Friday the 13th and as ridiculous as it is, I always get a tinge of apprehension about doing anything on this day. This is ironic because science is my passion, yet I still feel this way. I know the history of the day as well. I’m also superstitious about not wearing opals. Also ridiculous. I like the way they look but I always wind up removing them soon after putting them on. I know the history of this superstition too. Reason should supersede superstition for me, but it only works on a rational level and not on some other level I’ve yet to understand.

Are you superstitious?

Esteemed Contributor

Yes...somewhat......Fri the 13th has never been a "horrible" day for me....but never a good day either...hahah..

I knock wood, won't walk under a ladder, avoid black cats,

and a few other superstitions....but don't adhere to many more.....

Honored Contributor

Just another day to me.  No, I'm not superstitious.

Honored Contributor

Nope

Respected Contributor

I try not to be.  Logically, I try to remember they stem from irrational fears.  But, I come from a family that believes in lots of them.

Esteemed Contributor

No, not at all.   3 of the outside cats we feed are black. Love black cats.

Honored Contributor

No, I'm not superstitious.

If something bad happens, it's just a coincidence. 

Honored Contributor

Nope and you reminded me I had not yet sent my usual "Happy Friday the 13th" email or text to my son.  The photo I chose for this one was Jason with his mask holding a balloon.  My son was born on a 13th and his first birthday was a Friday, so he always referred to that one as Part 1 and so forth.  Loved them ever since.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

No, but I am conscious of cause and effect as well as being sensitive to natural laws.

Respected Contributor

A Harvest Moon, or the full moon that lands closest to the fall equinox, is due to appear in the sky on the night of Friday, September 13, 2019, according to NASA.

Harvest Moon