Valued Contributor

Re: Are you Ordering non-necessities at this time...

Recent online orders:

new cell phone (I'm finally a part of the 21st century lol)

A Beekman 1802 cookbook (want to eat healthier, got a 60% off deal)

Some Besame lipsticks and powder (a company I have never tried, so yes, a purely female need)

New sheet set

Tara's latest dessert and dip mixes (saving the dips for summer when fruit is fully out)

Rachael Ray scraper from QVC (been wanting one for ages, just never bothered)

Summer clothing (need badly)

So yes, some necessary, some not so much. I generally look for good deals though, free shipping, etc.....

Honored Contributor

I picked up a couple of blazers and blouses at great sale prices at J. Crew and three pairs of shoes at full price!  I am doing my part to help the economy.  

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

My husband is not happy with me now, since a couple of packages have arrived, but nothing necessary. He is saying people should not be pulling delivery resources for frivolous 'Stuff'.  I see his point a little, but I am bored and feel tempted to buy ( lucky to still be working).   Your thoughts?  Thanks and stay safe friends! 

@Skyegirl21  Your husband is 100% correct.  You know this-and not "just a little".

If you are bored spend time donating online instead of buying "stuff".

If you are still working, be thankful and take a moment to realize that many, many others can barely pay their rent right now or buy food.

I find your actions selfish.

You asked, I answered.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

I talked to a friend who has worked for UPS for decades.  He said they are not busy.  So no, you are not taking delivery away from people who need it 

Shoekitty said:  they are probably not busy because all businesses are closed, just about.  I am in California and we have been stay in place for 2 weeks almost.  The grocery stores in my town have no food.  They have produce, but no meat, poultry, fish, pet food, or shelf items

small businesses always have orders coming from ups, but now everything is closed.

i imagine the only people UPS delivers to is us  onliners  lol

Esteemed Contributor

We are buying necesseties only right now. My husband was working but took a vacation month since hearing 3 people at his job have the virus. One sadly on a ventilatr, that was it. After that he may have to take lay off and we may lose medical insurance from his job of 30 years, its up in the air right now pending whats going on. His company is working but only at half capacity. Sorry to go on but we are scared of the future.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21. Enjoy your purchases and please don't let anyone here make you feel bad about them 🙄
Your spending is what economic stimulus is all about. You say you can afford them; your financial situation is nobody's business. I'm sorry that anyone here would impose their own choices on you. ☹

These are very tough times. If making those purchases gives you some pleasure I think that's great, and you are helping the economy too. Enjoy! 🙂
Respected Contributor

No not really.

(I just commented on the upcoming D&C beach pants and how I will probably order.

But I am already questioning myself.

Do I really need them? No.

Or more like where would I wear them right now? The store.)

I keep putting stuff in my cart here and elsewhere and that is as far as it goes lately.

Maybe I am being practical or maybe more than a bit bummed out. Probably both.

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 , ' Selfish', I am not.  In case it matters, I have also made a LOT of donations to help others recently.  YOU are overly judgmental, and it is unkind.