Honored Contributor

Re: Are you Ordering non-necessities at this time...

My father used to say things like this to my mother except it was about everything she ordered.  

One time he said it to me.  My answer..."How do you think our economy works?  If people were as tight as you, our economy would be in the tank.  People would lose their jobs." 

Of course he knows how our economy works, but buying was for other people, not us.  He never said that to my mother or me again.  

IMO, it's important now, for those who can afford it, to help retailers get through this.  Although, many of the workers who have been laid off will get their jobs back, some won't.  

Honored Contributor

No.  We are waiting to see what happens.

Honored Contributor

Most of my online purchases have been necessities, but I've also ordered some other items.  

For example, today I ordered some Clinique items from Nordstrom.  

got some new Skechers this past week, that are very comfy for my at-home workouts!  

I don't think that being overly strict with myself would be good for my outlook.  It's about balance.  

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I bought a black denim jacket for $10 and change, only because I received $7 off from Pay Pal. Luckily I had a very good beauty and personal care stash before all of this. Right now the only thing I'll have to buy soon is eye cream.

So other than food and necessary household items, no.

I frequently use PayPal, in fact, three times today. If you don't mind, how did you get $7 off a purchase using Paypal? 

Honored Contributor

@jpie Yes, he has more CholestaCare products and I use them too. I like the Oatmeal and I used to get the Secure, but haven't in a while.

I also get the straight CholestaCare supplements for times when I don't have CN on hand. I can keep CC in my purse on a hot day, and I can't do that with CN or it will melt.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain YAAAY!!!! Which percentage? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

@Porcelain YAAAY!!!! Which percentage? Smiley Happy

72%.(edited: I meant 74%) I love dark chocolate and eat some everyday. This will be great for portion control, fewer grocery trips to buy more bars of Lindt, and might as well get health benefits too. Exciting! 

(Thank you to everyone else for your patience about this tangent. I won't keep going about it.)

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@jpie Yes, he has more CholestaCare products and I use them too. I like the Oatmeal and I used to get the Secure, but haven't in a while.

I also get the straight CholestaCare supplements for times when I don't have CN on hand. I can keep CC in my purse on a hot day, and I can't do that with CN or it will melt.

____

That's what I do too!  

Honored Contributor

Yes, to take advantage of sales and/or free shipping where I normally may not get it.  I'm not going overboard, though.  It has to be a really good price before I buy.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for your sharing opinions and good reasoning-  I will help keep the economy goin since I am able to (but not overdo it) .  Prayers for safety and financial recovery. ❣️Skye