Honored Contributor

Re: Are things back to normal?

@RainyDayGal wrote:

Wow, bribing kids parents to get the kids vaccinate.  Not cool in my book.

Parents that are suspicious of vaccines?  Did they have to bribe parents to vaccinate their kids against polio?  My how times have changed.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, we are fully back to normal and I am looking forward to going to concerts again. I do not believe they start that until September.  Some are still wearing masks and some of the srores, etc still require you wear a mask.  I have had both vaccinations so due to the 100 temps here I am happy I do not have to wear them because I honestly have a lot of trouble breathing with them on when it is hot and I become lightheaded and get a nasty headache.  I will wear a mask in the Fall and Winter because that seems to be when all the illnesses show their ugly heads. 

I was reading an article today that Israel has like 88 % fully vaccinated and very few illness. Arabia is the next highest in vaccinations. If Americans would stop and realize we all need to be vaccinated to eradicate this horrible virus. 

Trusted Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Arizona here is fully opened. Restaurants have always been eat in (can't eat outside in the summer in AZ  any more than you can eat outdoors in winter in Michigan). Everything is open. I guess kids are in school as I do see them walking back and forth in my area. Masks are requested but not required in many places. I've gone to Walmart, hairdresser, many restaurants, gas stations all without wearing a mask. Traffic is back to normal which means it's a nightmare.

Hi neighbor! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

It's amazing how normal NYC now looks!

Packed restaurants with long lines.  Bustling, crowded Times Square.  Subways busier each and every passing day.

Other than the indoor mask requirements, you wouldn't know that anything had happened. 

Honored Contributor

Back to normal? My state never did anything to help stop the spread of covid. I don't trust my health to strangers, especially in this state, so I'll continue wearing a mask, at least for a while.

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart  That's exactly how I feel, I'm in Floriduh.

Respected Contributor

Normal is a relative to what it is being referred to.

Regarding covid things change state by state and health departments. Whether a mask is worn or not is confusing to some individuals. The virus is still around and depending on how many relocate from border areas things will most likely cause normal to change.

As to other matters around the country things will not change back to normal. Once something is lost it is gone.

Please remember Memorial Day.