Honored Contributor

Re: Are they closing the forum?

@SharkE wrote:

you can't post  pictures on Facebook can you, emoticons , gifs ?

Yes you can. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

Good bye friends, I have been here since the beginning. I will miss chatting with all of  you. I don't do facebook, so this is a bit sad.

Wish there was a way we could all remain in communication without facebook.

hennypenny

I feel the exact same way.

I'm not on any type of social media like that--no Facebook, no Instagram, and no Twitter. 

I have learned so much from all of the smart, savvy, and beautiful people who post on these forums. 

I am very saddened that these forums will be closing.

It seems like message boards aren't as common as they used to be and more places want you to use Facebook or Instagram now.

It seems like if you aren't signed up with these places, then you're kind of left behind.

Honored Contributor

Been here close to 19 years, made some very close friends, breaks my heart and I dont do FB !! We need to try to bring the HSN Forum up to our expectations. 

Esteemed Contributor

I will miss everyone here. I no longer have cable and I don’t do Facebook. If someone recommended an item, I would check it and sometimes purchase. Or someone would mention when jewelry days would be on and I would put an alert on my phone to make sure to tune in on my iPad. Oh well. 

Esteemed Contributor

That's really too bad;  Ill miss the gossip and news.  I haven't bought much in last 10 years from Q but occasionally something on these forums would catch my attention and I'd buy but now Q " is dead to me".

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is terrible news. I feel like I've come to know so many of you, we have shared the good and the bad. I will miss you all. Maybe there is somewhere else we can all meet up?

Esteemed Contributor

@ sharke: yes you can post pics, etc.  You can also hibernate or bow out of  certain people.

Honored Contributor

I just read a post by someone on a thread I regularly post on who said, "I just got off of the phone with a QVC representative and was told that the existing Blogs and Forums will NOT be cancelled.  They are adding in a Facebook gathering place."

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sunshine Kate wrote:
So sad. Q is going to lose a lot as well as those of us that don’t want FB.

Honestly, I don't think so.

The subset of QVC customers that post here is very small compared to their total customer base. If the forums aren't driving enough incremental sales to cover their costs, the appropriate business decision is to shut them down. 

There are little over 3 MILLION people who follow the QVC Facebook page. That's where they're going to focus their social media (and yes, these forums are social media) efforts. As distressing as that is to posters here, these forums are a dinosaur. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

The QVC boards on Facebook are more closely censored than our board here.  If you say anything derogatory about a product, your comment is whisked away.  I suspect the same mods monitor both boards.  Once you read or see something on Facebook you never see it or can find it again.  It's gone forever.  As a forum, I hate it and don't know anyone who can explain how it works. Also, there is no anonymity, everyone knows who you are. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment