Honored Contributor

Re: Are they closing forums because we complain

Doesnt matter to me now since we have our new home on the proboards. Its great there!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

While I am sad, I am not shocked.  I think this has been coming for awhile now. Are they "closing forums because we complain" ?  I tend to think it's more about money.  On the other hand, there have been many more complaints about QVC in recent years and even more in recent week.  More than I have ever seen.

Also much of it has been political. There have always been complaints against hosts but I think they, too, were getting worse in content over the years.  While closing it down is hard to take, I think when they added everything up, they may  have felt that we were losing that family image and they may want to create a different image.  I really don't know.  These are just some things that have crossed my mind so I am just guessing at this point.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just hearing & reading about the forums closing. What a bummer!  I've enjoyed coming here to read, post, and discuss lots of things.

Guess I have to find something else to do with my free time. Maybe that's a good thing? 

I refuse to use Facebook for a multitude of reasons so I won't be doing that. 

Honored Contributor

I closed my facebook account years ago. Facebook always seems to be in trouble for something.  This is the only social media I am on.I have no interest in facebook, instgram, pintrest none of it lol.

Honored Contributor

If there's anything you want from this forum, recipes, craft ideas, photos, etc. I'd recommend grabbing them sooner than the second. Amazon had a gazillion forums and announced they'd be shutting them down on a certain date. Then they shut them down days earlier than they'd said they would and lots of stuff people wanted saved got lost. And when it's gone, it's gone. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I very decided also not to join facebook.i was on it years ago,and it consumed my time.not this time tho
Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
I very decided also not to join facebook.i was on it years agopand it consumed my time.not this time tho

@Luvsmyfam    Many of us are going to "mellyg.proboards.com".   (Melly is a Q poster who has set this up for us.)    There are a lot of Q threads giving instructions on how to go about this.   di   

♥Surface of the Sun♥