Honored Contributor

Re: Are You In The FBI Face-recognition Database?

Maybe, I don't know and I don't care.  Since most criminals have never been caught or arrested it would be ludicrous to include only people with arrest records.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

If/when my state signs off on the MOU for DL photos.  Feds have had my fingerprints for 48 years & probably copies of the photos taken for my ID cards over the years.  I am a retired Fed employee.

I really don't care if the FBI has that info on me.  I'd be a lot more concerned about bad guys accessing my passwords to credit unions, etc. 

I know there are people who don't think our gov't should have any info about us, but I'm afraid in this era of terrorism, we may have to sacrifice some of our individual rights to privacy for the sake of the safety of all of us.  You know ---- The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

JMHO

Honored Contributor

Well, I just realized that I may be unintentionally flying under the radar!  LOL

If you took a good look at my DL photo and then saw me walking down the street, it's unlikely you'd recognize me.  I just rarely take a great picture, so I always avoid cameras whenever possible.

Honored Contributor

Probably as my Driver License was scanned in order to have a gun license (background check) and is looked at/reviewed every time I purchase a weapon (up-to-date background check).