Honored Contributor

Re: Are You In The FBI Face-recognition Database?

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

many of the images were given to the FBI by facebook so if you posted pictures on facebook and identified the people in the pictures, all those pictures and associated names are  now in the FBI database.

Lovely! Glad I don't do Facebook, or have people posting my picture.

Believe me you're on fb! Families and friends love to show photos of their loved ones. Besides if a police department needed to see your photo they look up your driver's license and if they really want to get any information they look up friend's and family's fb pages too.

Believe me, I don't have friends and family who have  pictures posted of me. I am rarely in a photo and the few people who have taken pictures of me (like me in the background at a family function, as I never pose for pictures when I know people are social media fanatics) have not posted them (at least not yet, and not to say they would never) because I have let it be known that I prefer them not to. So far my wishes have been honored (I do visit their pages occasionally).

Could random photos that people have snapped that I'm unaware of be out there, maybe, but I don't loose sleep over it. The government doesn't need facebook to get my picture, they have it from my driver's license.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

many of the images were given to the FBI by facebook so if you posted pictures on facebook and identified the people in the pictures, all those pictures and associated names are  now in the FBI database.

Believe me you're on fb! Families and friends love to show photos of their loved ones. Besides if a police department needed to see your photo they look up your driver's license and if they really want to get any information they look up friend's and family's fb pages too.

Believe me, I don't have friends and family who have  pictures posted of me. I am rarely in a photo and the few people who have taken pictures of me (like me in the background at a family function, as I never pose for pictures when I know people are social media fanatics) have not posted them (at least not yet, and not to say they would never) because I have let it be known that I prefer them not to. So far my wishes have been honored (I do visit their pages occasionally).

Could random photos that people have snapped that I'm unaware of be out there, maybe, but I don't loose sleep over it. The government doesn't need facebook to get my picture, they have it from my driver's license.

Look up, I already mentioned that they already have your license photo! And I never said that they "need" a fb photo of you.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

Well my state is one identified as using photos from drivers' licenses so guess I am in the databank.  But I have also been fingerprinted as a necessary requirement along with a background check since I am a nursing instructor.  It is a requirement for us.   So I certainly can't fly under the radar.  LOL!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Look up, I already mentioned that they already have your license photo! And I never said that they "need" a fb photo of you.

No need to get grouchy. Geez. Simply replying that I don't need to 'believe' you about my picture on FB when I make sure who I'm allowing to photograph me, and check to be sure they are honoring my wishes.

Hope your night gets better.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

No need to get grouchy. Geez. Simply replying that I don't need to 'believe' you about my picture on FB when I make sure who I'm allowing to photograph me, and check to be sure they are honoring my wishes.

Hope your night gets better.

My night is going great, no issues other than the ice in my cranberry soda has melted.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

If you step foot into a bank, 7-11, walk on a city street in some areas, go into a store and so one your face has has been captured by a surveillance camera

Esteemed Contributor

If you fly and have a passport, you are in the database.  I am in because I participated in terrorism drills in NYC as a nurse. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The tv show...PERSON OF INTEREST...gets more real each passing day.

Esteemed Contributor

There are ways to get around just about anything, if you've a mind to.

I like my privacy, I don't put photos on FB.

Respected Contributor

I guess I'm in the database from my DL and passport.

As long as I'm not caught up in a mistaken identity situation, I'll be okay.  LOL