Super Contributor

Re: Are You Eating in Restaurants?

We have followed the guidelines from the beginning of the pandemic. So we've continued to eat out whether it be outside dining, take out, or now seated inside. I worked at a vaccine clinic for 6 months and food was delivered every day and set up self serve. Very communal. Presumably we were all vaccinated. No problems. 
I will say that I don't presume that people who choose not to eat out are "living in fear". They probably weren't inclined to eat out anyway and they're just staying true to themselves. Too much animosity in the air these days. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal thank you for your kind thoughts!

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I quit eating in restaurants after being a waitress for years.  No thank you.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  I feel the same way about restaurants now. When I occasionally stop for a Starbucks within a grocery store here, I expect that the server wear a mask & gloves. Then, I go home and pour it into my own glass.

Frequent Contributor

You can tell that to the 600,000+who have died here in America and, now my county is dealing with variants, Delta and Gamma and were back in the danger zone.  All because of church group who refuse to wear masks or get vaccinated.  If we hadn't been lied to in the beginning and given the right advice this might be contained. Spoiled and privileged brats ruin it for all of us.

Respected Contributor

And here we go again with the you're all selfish cr*p.  It never ends.

Regular Contributor

I used to eat out daily for business lunches.  That all changed.  Once I was fully vaccinated, I met a friend at a patio restaurant.  Now it's too hot to eat outside in Phoenix.  A friend and I have gone twice to a restaurant we like but at off hours like 3 or 4 in the afternoon.  Usually it's very empty.  I can't say I feel terribly deprived.  We did curbside or delivery once a week during the last 6 months.

Honored Contributor

Yes for quite awhile BUT so far we've crossed off most the places -- including "family owned" for a few reasons:

1.  Food tastes old -- maybe I just got used to my food😉

2.  No servers -- several people wait on you (which is fine but orders always messed up☹️
3.  Cleanliness especially in chain restaurants we've found lacking

Since my spouse is not healthy we've decided to continue to eat home -- plus, no one wears a mask at most restaurants.  I'm concerned more for him than me!  

The only chain restaurant we've enjoyed is Olive Garden, but, it's usually a late lunch of soup & salad -- kinda hard to mess that up! 😉. Plus, usually very few people waiting or in restaurant around 3.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are just as many "living in fear" comments which I could say was being safe and common sense and helping to contain this deadly virus),

as there are "selfish" , which could also be those who do not care about or believe they can help to contain the virus and living their life as they want.

So all the slings go back and forth from both viewpoints. I agree with,

@mspemberley lots of animosity from all sides of this.

It doesn't have to be this way.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

took my mom out for indian food last night.

we got "dressed up" and our reservations were for 8pm......it was either that time or 5:45pm which is too early for me.

the place was packed both indoors and outdoors. it is a large restaurant and it was pretty full. we thoroughly enjoyed it.......cocktails, appetizers, and our main courses......the atmosphere and being around people and their chatter.

the staff were not wearing masks.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein