Honored Contributor

Re: Are Q Models also actors?

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@KKJ   You've answered your own question.  Smiley Happy

Yes, some of the models are indeed actors.  There have been some in highly rated TV movies as well.  The models do not work for QVC, they work for independently owned modeling agencies. 

By the way, most of the hosts have had acting careers as well:  Rick, Kerstin, Sharon (former host), Alberti, Amy, Shawn, Rachel, Elise, and most of the newly hired hosts.

i know Rick worked as an actor before turned to shopping channel host.  Also Pat James (before she was DeMetri) worked for quite a while as an actor.  I know she was in at least several commercials.  Makes sense for them to do so.  Acting is highly competitive and if your comfortable in front of the camera, so much better.

Respected Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@lovesallanimals wrote:

I also find it interesting when they mention the models other occupations, i.e., two of them are nurses, a professional photographer, one has a PhD, etc. 

Seriously, one has a PhD?  Cool.  Isn't it the cute model Amy in beauty shows who's a nurse? 

KKJ:  Yes, Amy is a nurse and the other model, cannot remember her name but she looks very exotic and has the most gorgeous thick and long dark hair and is also very pretty.  There was a plus size African American model on a couple ago and the host mentioned that her title is actually a Dr. as she has a PhD. degree.  

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

Yes, some of the models are indeed actors.  There have been some in highly rated TV movies as well.  The models do not work for QVC, they work for independently owned modeling agencies. 

By the way, most of the hosts have had acting careers as well:  Rick, Kerstin, Sharon (former host), Alberti, Amy, Shawn, Rachel, Elise, and most of the newly hired hosts.

@Caaareful Shopper ... just curious... I know that Rick had some real acting roles but, I was unaware that some of the other hosts did also... in particular I am curious about Amy S ... what acting roles has she had? ... what were the names of the movies she was in?

@January121  Among other jobs, Amy was an actress in soap operas "All My Children" and "One Life to Live."  To my knowledge she has never been in a movie. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are Q Models also actors?

Have seen a few of the models in tv commercials. Just the other day I saw beauty model....

@KKJ 

Think you answered your own question.

edit-

Whoops!! Just reading upthread, see @Caaareful Shopper already made that comment.

Esteemed Contributor

@January121 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper ... just curious... I know that Rick had some real acting roles but, I was unaware that some of the other hosts did also... in particular I am curious about Amy S ... what acting roles has she had? ... what were the names of the movies she was in?

@January121  Among other jobs, Amy was an actress in soap operas "All My Children" and "One Life to Live."  To my knowledge she has never been in a movie. 

@Caaareful Shopper  ... THANKS! .... she just doesn’t seem a good fit for soaps because of the way she speaks (she mispronounces so many words I can’t see her on a soap opera) ... not looking to cause any argument ... this is just my observation & opinion.

Trusted Contributor

Shawn worked in local news including my area and was on the Martha Stewart version of The Apprentice but I don't think she ever did any acting. I could be wrong about that though.

Esteemed Contributor

The notion that some of the enumerated hosts had "careers" in acting is highly laughable, with the possible exception of Amy and now Terri Conn.

Sure, a lot appeared on local news (is that considered acting?) and some have a few B movie credits.

Sharon was a magician's assistant. I guess that involves acting.

But careers? Hardly.
Occasional Contributor

The other nurse, the exotic looking one is Khadija, I believe.... I have seen both of the models- Stacey in a restaurant commerical and Leah in a car commercial.....

Be A Prisoner of Hope, You are closer than you think!!!! - Dr. David Jeremiah
Super Contributor

@January121 wrote:

Model, Amy has a bit part as a nurse in "House of Cards" (when Claire donates blood)

Super Contributor

Those mentioned are younger than I (58) so for them to give up "acting" careers. . .hmm. .must mean they weren't that good. I consider a TV shopping host a downgrade job from being an actress of TV and/or movies. To consider TV news anchors actors really makes the "fake news" situation a real possibility???? Lol