Honored Contributor

Are My Expectations Unreasonable

So feel free to tell me I'm wrong, I can take it! It seems when I am expecting a package delivery no one rings the bell. I live in a private house, I have no issue with my regular UPS delivery man, he always rings the bell and waits for me to answer the door (I give him a tip at Christmas). If someone fills in for him, they don't ring the bell. My mailman (who isn't very nice, I give him a very nice tip at Christmas because I'm an idiot) doesn't ring the bell. Lasership, Fedex also don't ring the bell. I don't understand why they come up the porch, place the package and flee like a thief in the night, what would be the big deal ringing the bell, I don't even expect them to wait for me to open the door, just let me know my package is sitting on the porch?

Respected Contributor

Re: Are My Expectations Unreasonable

No one ever rings my bell. 

They leave the package on my porch and that's it. 

I get a notification of activity from my security camera, and usually an email that says it's been delivered. But no ring, no knock. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind if they don't ring the bell. Some people with babies would prefer if they didn't ring the bell. Also someone might not be feeling well in the house and the ringing of the bell could interfere.

We also have camera (a lot of people do) and so we can see when someone comes to the door.

Trusted Contributor

No one rings the bell in my house as well, the post man leaves the parcel on the front porch and runs faster than the speed of a Jet to his truck/van.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

No one ever rings my bell. 

They leave the package on my porch and that's it. 

I get a notification of activity from my security camera, and usually an email that says it's been delivered. But no ring, no knock. 

Same at my house.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 I totally agree.  We too are in a private house. b Some UPS ring, some don't.  

Walmart delivered some canned items yesterday from grocery, and there was a puny knock with the bell right there!  Go figure!

I guess they don't ring incase someone is asleep, but I picked a delivery time for walmart!

We have a glass pane on each side of the door.  I'm just going to put a card that says "Ring Bell"!.

Valued Contributor

I just thought my mail carrier didnt like me very much. Not that I care. But I thought that's why she never knocks or rings my bell. Hmm, so it's not just me! 😆 UPS knocks lightly & in the few seconds it takes me to get to the door hes in his truck & pulling out of my driveway!
Esteemed Contributor

I rarely have a delivery person ring my bell.  I do have apps on my phone for UPS, FedX, USPS and Amazon and get immediate notification that they have delivered.

Respected Contributor

I think they get tired of talking to people. It slows down their job and they can't go home until they're done. 

Trusted Contributor

amazon, ups and fedex always knock. usps, only when he's in the mood to, i guess. i always sign up for notices so that i know for sure if there's a package outside my door, and i know when to expect it.