Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,620
Registered: ‎09-22-2010

I went to Costco this morning to pick up a prescription.  I was there when they opened for senior hours (9 am).  There were only 7 of us!  If they continue senior hours I may stop having them deliver. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,652
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@DiAnne , they have the same here in Nova Scotia and I like!  LM

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,631
Registered: ‎04-01-2010

I prefer shopping online and having my order delivered.  I usually can pretty much get what I want except for now any Clorox products the wipes are not available online nor any of their cleaning products. It doesn't make sense to still be having issues after three months. The Chat and phone calls to them in Customer Service are unavailable in my area so that's kinda unacceptable to customers. I think it is time to start bringing your representatives back to work. 

Regular Contributor
Posts: 242
Registered: ‎07-22-2010

I went to Trader Joe's for senior hour this morning and there were 4 people in line!  I hope they don't stop the senior hour.  I'm loving it!!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,114
Registered: ‎08-21-2014

@Silkeej wrote:

I prefer shopping online and having my order delivered.  I usually can pretty much get what I want except for now any Clorox products the wipes are not available online nor any of their cleaning products. It doesn't make sense to still be having issues after three months. The Chat and phone calls to them in Customer Service are unavailable in my area so that's kinda unacceptable to customers. I think it is time to start bringing your representatives back to work. 


I'm not quite a senior yet but boy did I love delivery. Now I do pickup and love that just as much. I get out of the house and I can take my pups with me in their car seat. Even when they start charging for pickup I'll probably continue it. So convenient to have someone else shop for me. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,188
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

I wake up at 9:15AM -- so I could never be at Costco at 9AM.

Last week I ordered on-line and I LOVE the home delivery. My bill came to $325. A big burly guy deliverd my order and he placed it on my big kitchen island and some things on the floor ---- and I told him that everything is for ME!!!! I'm 4'10", 135 lbs. He couldn't believe it. I gave him a big tip - which he deserved.

I would never have the energy to have purchased so much in the store.

I have a Costco check for $50 - from using my credit card - so I know I have to go there. I do enjoy getting out once in a while.

Costco - my favorite retailer.

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 37,857
Registered: ‎06-11-2011
I ordered something from Costco online during the pandemic, something I've always purchased in person. Because they were on sale in that month's flyer I bought two. They are large bottles of vitamins that I take and the bottles each come within its own little box.

Well....it took 2 weeks for the order to ship. There was no packing receipt inside nor attached to the cardboard outer box they were shipped in, and the vitamin boxes were in shabby, squashed shape. I would never have picked those from the shelf.

A bad experience. The few other times over the years that I have ordered from Costco online, there has been a packing receipt enclosed, the items were shipped quickly, and egerythingvwas in pristine condition inside the box or mailing bag.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,057
Registered: ‎08-25-2010

I went to BJ's for their senior hour from when it was first offered until last week. There were usually fewer than 50 seniors in line when they opened, but sometimes around 30. The big advantage was lower exposure to others and ability to buy products that were in short supply due to early access. The main disadvantage was that staff were still stocking shelves in some departments, so you might not be able to get all the produce or bread that you wanted because it wasn't on the shelves yet. 

I've used BJ's home delivery when they offered it at no charge, especially to buy heavy items that are hard for us to lift/carry. On one occasion I had to wait a few days before they could deliver the merchandise (pottingsoil), but that was okay. The delivery staff were very friendly and helpful, putting items where we asked. We gave them each big tips.

 

Last week and this week, I shopped mid-morning to see how things were. It wasn't too crowded, but much more of the merchandise that wasn't available during senior hour was fully stocked by10'ish. Of course, those items in short supply were gone. As I walked up to the cashier area, they opened 2 more full-service registers, so I didn't have to wait at all. This is a far cry from the day in March when I stopped there to get something for my Aunt and left because the lines extended from the cash registers at the front of the store all the way to the back of the store. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,733
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@kivah wrote:

I wake up at 9:15AM -- so I could never be at Costco at 9AM.

Last week I ordered on-line and I LOVE the home delivery. My bill came to $325. A big burly guy deliverd my order and he placed it on my big kitchen island and some things on the floor ---- and I told him that everything is for ME!!!! I'm 4'10", 135 lbs. He couldn't believe it. I gave him a big tip - which he deserved.

I would never have the energy to have purchased so much in the store.

I have a Costco check for $50 - from using my credit card - so I know I have to go there. I do enjoy getting out once in a while.

Costco - my favorite retailer.

 


If you are using delivery in order to not be around people, you might consider contact-less delivery. You can request that they ring the bell or knock.

 

@kivah 


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,836
Registered: ‎03-21-2010

@Pearlee wrote:
I ordered something from Costco online during the pandemic, something I've always purchased in person. Because they were on sale in that month's flyer I bought two. They are large bottles of vitamins that I take and the bottles each come within its own little box.

Well....it took 2 weeks for the order to ship. There was no packing receipt inside nor attached to the cardboard outer box they were shipped in, and the vitamin boxes were in shabby, squashed shape. I would never have picked those from the shelf.

A bad experience. The few other times over the years that I have ordered from Costco online, there has been a packing receipt enclosed, the items were shipped quickly, and egerythingvwas in pristine condition inside the box or mailing bag.

@Pearlee  ... yes, I agree with you... Costco delivery can be a bad experience.... I’ve had two large glass jars of grape jelly broken in the box,  box of individual sheets of aluminum foil broken & the sheets of foil all over the box & covered with the grape jelly ... these are just two of the items that I had to throw away ... I stopped using Costco delivery & now go to Costco insta cart same day delivery which is great 👍