Trusted Contributor

Re: Applying For A Q Card

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2   Credit cards can work for you or you can work for them.

I use my QVC, HSN and ShopHQ cards all the same way:

1) Buy the item on easy pay with the maximum payments allowed (you receive 1 more using their card vs another bank card)

2) Once the item arrive, if I decide it's a keeper, I then turn around and PAY OFF the balance using my debit card (bonus points galore). I then pay off the balance of the the other card each month.

3) IF and I mean IF there is something $$$$ that truly appeals to me (and this is usually on ShopHQ) I will use the 18 or 24 month NO INTEREST payment plan which can only be used with their card.

If the item arrives damaged or not to my liking, then I am ONLY out the amount of the first payment. By using their card, my other cards/bank account is not held hostage until they post the return to my account. Never had an issue with Synchrony.

Now Comenity? I've joined the Class-action suit against THOSE $#^%^%. I also will no longer shop at ANY store that uses them as their bank. See ya Sephora and Ulta. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor

Early on I had a Q card.  Not remembering much except the way I was treated which was poorly.  Had to do with a return item and my account was paid in full.  But the refund never showed up and I was charged a heavy interest rate which created a balance that I did not even know about until too late......and the credit card company would not give in. QVC took months to straighten it out. Never again

Honored Contributor

I got an email today about the status of my QVC application for a QCard from Synchrony Bank. In order to view it I have to supply them with the confirmation number, my date of birth, and my Social Security Number. I don't feel comfortable giving them my SS#, besides they have it already. What will the email tell me I'm not getting a card, the customer representative told me that already, besides I have moved on. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh,  I have a Q card and the only real benefits are:

1.  Additional easy pay on everything

2.  Extended, no interest, payments for large purchases

3.  Most importantly, if someone were to get my card number it would be useless anywhere but a Q entity, I would immediately know that an unauthorized purchase had been made/attempted and if the number got put out in the wild my other cards would not be impacted making containing the breach much, much easier.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@gidgetgh,  I have a Q card and the only real benefits are:

1.  Additional easy pay on everything

2.  Extended, no interest, payments for large purchases

3.  Most importantly, if someone were to get my card number it would be useless anywhere but a Q entity, I would immediately know that an unauthorized purchase had been made/attempted and if the number got put out in the wild my other cards would not be impacted making containing the breach much, much easier.

@Marp 

I wholeheartedly agree with #3.  That's really the biggest reason I use (and keep) mine.

And I like that all my Q purchases are itemized.  Easy to check.

Respected Contributor

Never felt the need to get a Q card. Additional EZ pays are not an incentive to me.  Add to that that the Q uses Synchrony as the bank. Nope, no thanks.