Honored Contributor

So about two weeks ago I attempted to apply for a QVC credit card. They always say how easy it is to apply you get approved on the spot. I for some reason didn't get the code they supposedly texted to me so they had to look into my request further. I get a letter today from Synchrony Bank that they need more information from me (I gave them my name, address, SS#, and they have pulled my credit report) what more could they possibly need? So I call and tell her all this and she says they have to verify me. I give her the code on my letter, then she wants a picture of my driver's license and to make a five second video of myself! I say I have gotten a Discover and Capital One card easier than for this QVC card. I told her forget it, I don't want or need your card, no Q Card for me. 

Honored Contributor

A video????   I wouldn't have jumped through all those hoops either.

Respected Contributor

I don't understand the need of a video. That would be a hard, no way, from me.

But didn't you post recently that you've moved? Perhaps none of your past credit history has caught up with your new address. 

I think if you already have two major credit cards and was considering a third, then I would look for one that had added perks, points or some type of benefit other than an additional Easy Pay.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   I have never seen a request for a video from any company.   I have no interest in a Q card, but if I had had and got that request, I would have been annoyed big time!  

Any chance somehow a scammer has gotten your info?  Maybe send a copy of all you've told us to the mods and get them to confirm it's the ususal request from Synchrony.   I'd still not do it, but I'd wonder who has my SS number!

Valued Contributor

I hear you loud and clear with this bank!

My husband and I had just purchased a home in FL and we decided to put in new floors throughout the whole house.

We used that nasty place with the jingle 1-800...........and says, next day installation.

All went well until the phone call to the bank, which this company uses, yep was the same one QVC has for their credit cards..

Now mind you, we paid cash for our home, so we didn't have that over our heads, plus we had used these people up North in our other homes as well, with no problems.

This time they wanted this and that, just like the op had to go through.

That bank is the worst!!

So, as the phone call between the salesman and bank went on, we decided enough, we told the salesman to hang up the phone, we changed out mind,

That's when the bank decided to change their wants and offered us everything on a platter, No thanks, we said.

The salesman lost out as did the bank.

However the mom and pop shop down the road made out just fine.

They were so kind and did the job the next day.

That bank seems to have locked in a great many stores down here, its really a terrible experience to deal with them.

Now anytime we deal with a company we use our own credit card.

QVC cards interests are high, thats why we gave ours up years ago.

You'll be much happier not dealing with that bank..

Have a good day!

Honored Contributor

Can I ask a question?  And it's an honest question, not a gotcha question.  What is the advantage of getting a Q card?  Do you get any perks on it?

On my Talbots card, I get free shipping and accumulate points for $25 reward certificates.

On my J Jill card, I get an extra 5% off every purchase. 

On my Macys card, I get free shipping and accumulate points for Star money.  

What do you get for having a Q card?  And no, I wouldn't have jumped through those hoops to get it either.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I don't understand the need of a video. That would be a hard, no way, from me.

But didn't you post recently that you've moved? Perhaps none of your past credit history has caught up with your new address. 

I think if you already have two major credit cards and was considering a third, then I would look for one that had added perks, points or some type of benefit other than an additional Easy Pay.

@Etoile308 I have notified most everyone about my change of address, Experian too. Is this where we are now with applying for credit cards? It's a nothing credit card it shouldn't be that difficult to obtain one. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2    You made a wise decision.  You bite off a huge mouthful of trouble with a Q Card.  Did you see their interest rates?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@pieman    I saw a list of retailers who use Sychrony Bank for their accounts.  There were well over 200.  Virtually every major retailer.  Best to just use Visa or Mastercard.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Applying For A Q Card

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh 

Some may like the Eazy Pay option with no interest on larger purchases. .  If you use another card and carry a balance month to month they will accrue interest.  Of course most will not admit to carrying a balance so the Q card works better for them.  

I use EP until I make sure I am keeping the item so in case of a return I'm not waiting forever for full price refund or credit.  You have the option to stick with EP or pay it off in full.  

*** The interest rate is horrible so never carry a balance except the no interest EP