Honored Contributor

I have a lot of Synchrony cards and have never had an issue with them.

I have never heard of any lending institution, bank etc asking for a video!  I would NEVER provide that !  Well, and I don't know how to take videos or send them!

I don't ever pay interest on any purchases, so it doesn't matter to me what % they charge.  I feel if I can't pay it off IN FULL when the bill comes, I shouldn't be buying it.

The only perks I can think of with my Q card is a year to pay off a large purchase interest free, higher EZ pay options almost all the time and a very itemized bill.

Other than that...nope...ya git nothing, nada!

However, Synchrony also owns Lowes and we get 5% off every single item we buy (or extended free interest plans on large purchases.

5% adds up!

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I have a lot of Synchrony cards and have never had an issue with them.

I have never heard of any lending institution, bank etc asking for a video!  I would NEVER provide that !  Well, and I don't know how to take videos or send them!

I don't ever pay interest on any purchases, so it doesn't matter to me what % they charge.  I feel if I can't pay it off IN FULL when the bill comes, I shouldn't be buying it.

The only perks I can think of with my Q card is a year to pay off a large purchase interest free, higher EZ pay options almost all the time and a very itemized bill.

Other than that...nope...ya git nothing, nada!

However, Synchrony also owns Lowes and we get 5% off every single item we buy (or extended free interest plans on large purchases.

5% adds up!

@RespectLife 

I too have had many Synchrony cards over the years, some have great perks and never had a problem.  Some I used for a no interest deals on appliances and some were small stores like Talbot etc.  Understanding how to take advantage of credit and especially on extended no interest payments can work to your advantage.  You always have the option of making larger payments and paying off in full at any time.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Can I ask a question?  And it's an honest question, not a gotcha question.  What is the advantage of getting a Q card?  Do you get any perks on it?

On my Talbots card, I get free shipping and accumulate points for $25 reward certificates.

On my J Jill card, I get an extra 5% off every purchase. 

On my Macys card, I get free shipping and accumulate points for Star money.  

What do you get for having a Q card?  And no, I wouldn't have jumped through those hoops to get it either.

I'm not Jordan, but I would say that there are no perks to this card with QVC .  No points or any such thing some cards offer, or discounts.

I have one,  but it's only because they sent it to me somewhere around 20 years ago.  I've never applied.

The only 'benefit' I can see is just having all purchases with qvc in one place, to keep track of spending.   I don't buy much anymore and I also pay my cards off each month so, at least, I'm not paying the crazy amount of interest they charge.

Honored Contributor

If you buy something with a Discover or Capital One card at QVC do you get easy pay or is that only with their card?

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

If you buy something with a Discover or Capital One card at QVC do you get easy pay or is that only with their card?

You can use easy pay with any major credit card @Jordan2 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@BExplorer thanks, so I guess no big deal not getting a Q Card. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So about two weeks ago I attempted to apply for a QVC credit card. They always say how easy it is to apply you get approved on the spot. I for some reason didn't get the code they supposedly texted to me so they had to look into my request further. I get a letter today from Synchrony Bank that they need more information from me (I gave them my name, address, SS#, and they have pulled my credit report) what more could they possibly need? So I call and tell her all this and she says they have to verify me. I give her the code on my letter, then she wants a picture of my driver's license and to make a five second video of myself! I say I have gotten a Discover and Capital One card easier than for this QVC card. I told her forget it, I don't want or need your card, no Q Card for me. 

Had the same problem with Shop HQ once, in applying for their credit card , with Synchrony Bank.Kept saying so easy, just today if you open a credit card all shipping is free today, and their shipping is outrageous ,kept saying you could be approved in a few minutes,fell for it went online filled out  information and when it came to a video I couldn't believe that ,NEVER  EVER  had to do that for the many cards I have  had over the years,said to myself who would do a video in today's world, deleated my information  and within a week got a letter saying I have like 2 weeks to get in touch with them to continue the application, even after deleating the information,and also saw they pulled a credit check,guess they saw I have good credit and wanted me ,well they lost me for sure with that video.

Glad I have held onto my  credit cards if that is the new way,under the impression it might just be  for shopping channels,sounds like there must be a lot of fraudulent activity , they don't  just want SS# but your face too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2  yes including your Bank Debit Card which I have been using for years.

@Jordan2 wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@BExplorer thanks, so I guess no big deal not getting a Q Card. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mimi NY wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

So about two weeks ago I attempted to apply for a QVC credit card. They always say how easy it is to apply you get approved on the spot. I for some reason didn't get the code they supposedly texted to me so they had to look into my request further. I get a letter today from Synchrony Bank that they need more information from me (I gave them my name, address, SS#, and they have pulled my credit report) what more could they possibly need? So I call and tell her all this and she says they have to verify me. I give her the code on my letter, then she wants a picture of my driver's license and to make a five second video of myself! I say I have gotten a Discover and Capital One card easier than for this QVC card. I told her forget it, I don't want or need your card, no Q Card for me. 

Had the same problem with Shop HQ once, in applying for their credit card , with Synchrony Bank.Kept saying so easy, just today if you open a credit card all shipping is free today, and their shipping is outrageous ,kept saying you could be approved in a few minutes,fell for it went online filled out  information and when it came to a video I couldn't believe that ,NEVER  EVER  had to do that for the many cards I have  had over the years,said to myself who would do a video in today's world, deleated my information  and within a week got a letter saying I have like 2 weeks to get in touch with them to continue the application, even after deleating the information,and also saw they pulled a credit check,guess they saw I have good credit and wanted me ,well they lost me for sure with that video.

Glad I have held onto my  credit cards if that is the new way,under the impression it might just be  for shopping channels,sounds like there must be a lot of fraudulent activity , they don't  just want SS# but your face too.

@Mimi NY  and @Jordan2   I was surprised about the video. Never heard this before. If you are approved, you get the approval right away. Someone I know applied last week and was approved right away. I also was years ago instantly.

If you are not approved then, you receive a letter telling you why. This video thing is so strange. I would never do that for sure.

Honored Contributor

@Mimi NY  your experience sounds just like mine! Discover, Capital One had no problem issuing me a card (I have other cards), it's ridiculous that a nothing card like this scrutinizes you so.