Super Contributor

Re: Apparently some NYer's really hate that Taylor Swift is the city's tourism ambassador :(

On 11/7/2014 croemer said:
On 11/7/2014 ILikeShade said:
On 11/7/2014 puglet1 said:

I guess Wendy Williams is "big news." {#emotions_dlg.blink} She is "Us" magazine on tv. She needs something to gossip about, lol. I saw the show where she talked about it and she was not really upset. It made for a gossipy topic of conversation for her show, that's all.

You know I'm beginning to think that you're just jealous of Taylor. She's got that gorgeous multi million dollar penthouse and is seen everywhere on the streets of NYC in her designer clothes. Pretty good for a new resident!!!!!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Somebody either did not watch the Wendy Williams show or didn't listen...she came right out and said she was furious and went on about it for several minutes of how ticked off she was that TS was the face of NY now.

Croemer, with all due respect, I watched the show and listened. How people perceive Wendy Williams and her role on tv is each person's choice. When WW says she is furious and goes on for several minutes about how ticked off she is, I see it merely as her job on her show. I doubt WW has lost any sleep over it. I see WW simply as a gossip mag.

Honored Contributor

Re: Apparently some NYer's really hate that Taylor Swift is the city's tourism ambassador :(

On 11/6/2014 madzonie said:

I've never understood why this young woman is the target of such hatred, ridicule and meanness.

She may not be everyone's cup of tea, but she seems to be level-headed, smart, and sensible. Her life hasn't been plastered all over the tabloids with lurid headlines and salacious vulgar pictures. She gives generously of her money and time.

Except for writing some songs about failed relationships, I see no reason for all the negativity expressed about her. More celebrities should conduct themselves as she does...this world would be a better place.

[image removed for brevity]

I don't understand the hatred, ridicule and meanness either, madzonie. We see the same thing every time discussions begin about certain celebrities who are successful, philanthropic, intelligent, not involved in salacious activities, etc. Just my observation, but I've noticed the targets often are women and the criticism seems to come predominantly from other women. jmo, ymmv

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I guess Wendy Williams is "big news." {#emotions_dlg.blink} She is "Us" magazine on tv. She needs something to gossip about, lol. I saw the show where she talked about it and she was not really upset. It made for a gossipy topic of conversation for her show, that's all.

I would disagree. Wendy didn't bring this up once, she brought it up twice. And I'd say she was upset. She wasn't a raving lunatic about it but yes, she was upset.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Count me in as one who doesn't get the whole hatred towards her either. Honestly, WHY?!!! {#emotions_dlg.confused1} I haven't listened to too much of her music because I'm not a country fan, but the songs I've heard she sounds just fine. I like her new "Shake It Off". It's a cute video and good for her for laughing in the face of her haters.

Honored Contributor

On 11/7/2014 ILikeShade said:

And there it is! It's not about the length of time but what you do with it. I'm sure Taylor has seen and done more in NYC that the majority of residents and yet she graciously wants to give back and provide other newcomers with information about NYC so they can enjoy the city too.

Really? I find this an odd statement to make. How would you even know?

Super Contributor

On 11/7/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I would disagree. Wendy didn't bring this up once, she brought it up twice. And I'd say she was upset. She wasn't a raving lunatic about it but yes, she was upset.

I've been waiting to hear from you LD since you first mentioned WW. Smile Again, all I'll say is my perception of WW and what she does on her show may not be yours. I just don't take her tv persona too seriously and her show is certainly not "big news" as someone else referred to it.

But again, I'm not here to argue the tangential topics that have come up here. I'd still like to know from the OP if she acknowledges that she started an erroneous thread about "hateful New Yorkers." Smile

Honored Contributor

Taylor Swift does not come to mind when I think of New York.

There were better choices, IMO.

SJP would have been a great choice.

Honored Contributor

Lets see...the words...""I am hating on TS right now and I am very upset with this. What makes her any type of representative of NY. Heck Kelly Ripka is coming out here and she would be a better representative of NY. She is an outsider and is not even preforming in NY on her tour....but is going to NJ...she should get her butt to NY and perform here."" I am paraphrasing here.

Start at around 4 minutes.

LINK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor

Croemer, I just do not take WW as seriously as you do. I don't take anything a gossip talk show host says to heart. I'm sorry. We differ there. I'm not trying to argue the point. It's a non-issue.

Honored Contributor

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g6wiTvt-pDc

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."