Trusted Contributor

Re: Anything you wont be in any hurry to get back to?

Early, early morning routine. Once I'm in work I'm fine but the morning rush and drive I could do without.

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing!! I can't wait to get back to all of it. Though not perfect I miss my pre Covid life.

Esteemed Contributor

Our lives didn't change all that much. Other than those few weeks of shutdown as soon as things opened last year we have continued to eat in restaurants at least once a week, go to movies, zoos, get our hair cut, doctors, dentist, financial planners, wineries, shopping etc. Our  traffic is just as bad as before the pandemic. 

Respected Contributor

It's been said, that to break old habits, it takes at least three months of avoidance of the specific thing, or situation. New habits become set. While not fully realizing it, we've all set many new habits over the last year.

We're at a year now, of mostly social distancing and/or isolation. While it was hard in the beginning for me, I won't miss the pressures to attend various social activities. Nor will I miss frequent shopping outings, or perpetually seeking new adventures, or sites to see. I won't even miss dining out, having established my own menu and routines.

I'm very content to spend time at home except for long daily hikes with my dog. I also enjoy my garden and keep well enough in touch with friends via texts, or occasional FaceTime. I've found that I like being alone and that I'm good company for myself. I don't have a moment of boredom, while I used to be bored stiff at some social activities I felt obligated to attend.

I'll add a few favorite things back in time, but I don't think I want to change much. It's actually less stressful to not have to worry if I'm meeting the expectations of others constantly. It's been a freeing exercise. 

Honored Contributor

Being out almost every night of the week for a meeting.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some elective dental work. I want a nice smile again but I don't want to take all the time it will take to get there.

Honored Contributor

Re: What will you be in no hurry to get back to?

I guess I'm the opposite...I look forward to seeing and being with extended family on holidays since we always have a good time (I do anyway!).

I also look forward to doing lunch indoors with good friends, maybe getting together again with my mah jongg group, traveling with no restrictions or fears.

What I don't look forward to is being in crowds and long lines for anything.

Esteemed Contributor

Definitely going back to my office. I love working from home.

Honored Contributor

DH and I have also stayed pretty close to home. His big outing is to the hospital for leg therapy and mine is the grocery store and the hair salon.
Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Some of us have had more to miss than others.  I feel like life all around me is diminished.  I feel like we are more constricted than we have ever been and I do not think that will change.

I think I'm sort of happier in more isolation now than I would have been before.  I have no more desire to travel ever, and I used to love it. 

@Sooner I often feel as you do. I will probably make a few exceptions about travel when it's safe, but on the whole I have let many things drift toward the bottom of my priorities, or let them go entirely. And I've discovered many things about myself over the past year, at least some of which I wouldn't have paid enough attention to.

At the same time, I want to able to be with people, I miss physical presence. I want to not have to think so much about infection risks. I'm not ready to disconnect from the world, and I want the stimulation of new experiences.

I won't miss having others pick out my groceries and buying shoes without trying them on. I'd like to stop shopping online altogether if that's still possible. I think rush hours may not return to being quite such a crush, and I sure won't miss that.

Of course, this is all speculation, and I'm super looking forward to finding out how I will actually feel and what I'll actually want to do when I can move about freely.