Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone watching CBS This Morning? (Sunday)

I took care of my late husband and held him in my arms when he took his last breath. I know he would have done the same for me.  About a year after my husband's passing, my dear mother needed care. There was no way I would place her into a facility even though she told me on several occasions to put her into a nursing home and get on with my life. I told her she was my life.  As with my precious husband, I held my mother in my arms as she took her last breath.  Do I have any regrets in taking care of them...ABSOLUTELY NOT?!  I would do it again in a heartbeat.

We all make the choices that are right for us and those we love and what's right for one person isn't necessarily right for someone else.    docsgirl

Esteemed Contributor

I'd have no problem being a burden to my children!  I have dedicated most of my life to raising them, they can at least change my diaper once in a while!

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

What a loving son!  I feel good knowing that when my mother was dying, I was at her side and was at the hospital throughout her long stay.  My children, when they find out I need assistance, will probably put a pair of cement boots on me and throw me in the local lake. 

@hoosieroriginal...OMG, I'm sorry but your statement, which I highlighted above, put me in hysterics!...I love your sense of  humor!...LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

What a loving son!  I feel good knowing that when my mother was dying, I was at her side and was at the hospital throughout her long stay.  My children, when they find out I need assistance, will probably put a pair of cement boots on me and throw me in the local lake. 

@hoosieroriginal...OMG, I'm sorry but your statement, which I highlighted above, put me in hysterics!...I love your sense of  humor!...LOL

@MyShadowLove- I was only half joking - my children worry about me getting older and most of all having to take care of me.  I'm hoping to live a long, independent life and give them a break.