Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone use Crestor?

[ Edited ]

@webbgarner1   Why the heck are you asking here?  That is a question you should ask your doctor when he prescribes it.  Every person is different and may react differently to medications.  For example, some people can take Lisinopril with no problems.  Others can't take it because it causes them to cough.

If you want to see the "officially reported" side effects for any medicine, you can go to the Medline Plus website and search for the medication.  That's meaningful research.  However, you should not use that as the final source.  If you have any problems with any medication, you've got to talk to your doctor and not other people or on a chat site.

Trusted Contributor

@Cats3000  I think you must have sent this to the wrong person,  probably intended for the original poster. I did not inquire about  crestor, just stated i have been on it for a long time without side effects. Have a good weekend dear.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't see anything wrong with asking Posters about side effects. Of course everyone is different and that's the idea. If 5 people have different side effects at least the OP might be able to say I have one of those or none of those.

Not just this Thread but if someone ask a question some one always has to question why. Sometimes if a Poster does not ask a question, there won't be any Threads.

I'm always surprise no one said, oh this topic should be in the Wellness section which is said very often.

Respected Contributor

@webbgarner1Clicked on the wrong name.  So sorry.

Esteemed Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

If you use the statin Crestor, how is it working for you? Any side effects? I was on lipitor, but it made me dizzy, so my doctor prescribed Crestor. I haven't taken it yet; just researching all the side effects it could cause.

Any response would be appreciated.

@zitawins I just came across this thread and wondered how you made out with Crestor.  My DH was just prescribed this drug and I was looking for feedback.

Thanks!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Things OTC such as Cholest Off, Lessman Cholesta Care and Puritans Phytosterol Complex are all made from plant sterols, I have  been taking them for 17 years to keep my chol at under 200. Worth trying.  Also flaxseed meal sprinkled in and on your foods. I do all I can to avoid statins. Another good one is Natures Way Cholesterol Shield. 

@Shelbelle   This is the way we have always approached health challenges - with natural, alternative methods.  After trying the above mentioned, my DH's number did drop nicely.  However, having to go to the ER this summer with chest pressure, he had all the cardiac tests run.  It was found that he had moderate coronary arterial calcifications.  The cardiologist felt that with DH's age (76), he should go on a low dose statin, beginning with every other day.  We fought against this for a long time, but I would hate to have him have a heart attack or a stroke even if his "numbers" are good.  The doctor felt that was possible even with an acceptable lipid panel.   Woman Sad

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Regular Contributor
Had huge problem with Lipitor extreme pain. Tried it 3xweek still bad pain. Doc put me on generic Crestor little pain but tolerable. All these stations cause problems
Regular Contributor
I was on 10 milligrams daily. My doctor said many have this problem.
Trusted Contributor

@Cats3000  No problem. I am sure I have done the same before.