Respected Contributor

Walmart Websites: Watch Out! Part 2

The new combined dot com and local grocery pickup website that was launched last week and removed is back. It's gone from horrible to horrible+ because at least I can navigate it.

In my cart: last week's groceries which I already picked up, 18 dot com saved for later items, 5 grocery items for this week.

I must choose pickup, ship or delivery for each item.

New and not improved. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart Websites: Watch Out! Part 2

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

The new combined dot com and local grocery pickup website that was launched last week and removed is back. It's gone from horrible to horrible+ because at least I can navigate it.

In my cart: last week's groceries which I already picked up, 18 dot com saved for later items, 5 grocery items for this week.

I must choose pickup, ship or delivery for each item.

New and not improved. 

@PickyPicky3 I have been picking up some groceries in Walmart because we have one in our little town.  But this might cause me to be trekking back to the big city bi-weekly for Whole Foods pickup.  

This site stinks!  

Esteemed Contributor

Just visited the site. Yikes! What a mess!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I successfully completed my grocery pickup order. Hints:

-Be careful. The bread you usually buy pickup for $3.50 may now be shown next to a ship version for $16.00.

-I did not make the pickup/ship/delivery choice on each item. When I got to checkout, I was asked did I want to change how I received some, but not all, items.

-I found changing the sort to low-to-high price helped push the expensive ship items farther back.

-Overall, it seemed slower to navigate than before.

-Better not watch TV and order at the same time the first time you do it.

Edit: I just noticed a filter choice near the top of the website which lets you select pickup/ship/delivery. Also, my frequently ordered items are back. That helps a lot.

Successful does not mean I like it. 

Trusted Contributor

I just used the ap and yes you have to choose but honestly it is not that big of a deal., some things are in a different place but it took me all of about 1.5 seconds to figure it out.  I mostly do Walmart pickup, I only go in if i only need 1 thing and cannot wait till I have a minimum order.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL!!! I missed Part 1???

I just ordered from Wal-Mart. I picked up my groceries yesterday. 5 items were out of stock.

I received an email showing the items out of stock would be delivered by 9-23?

I thought that's strange are they delivering groceries now that are out of stock???

Around 6 pm last night someone left 1 of the items on the front porch. Today I received the other 4 items by FedEx.

If I had known they were doing that I could have ordered more stuff for them to deliver. 

Better not charge me a FedEx delivery fee?

I had no idea they were doing any of this?

I did not see any place to choose pickup delivery or ship either. I saw those words up top but did not know what the deal was.

Honored Contributor

A lot of my items in my 'Reorder List' say they are out of stock. But when I look for them in the search box they are there! So much for having a list to go back to if I can't add items from that list to my cart.Woman Frustrated I'm not liking the new website at all.

Respected Contributor

I want all of the items I purchase from Walmart's site shipped, and I selected the 2 day shipping option that was there yesterday. I tried to not select delivered because that could involve a delivery service. Unfortunately I got an email that 2 of my items will be delivered earlier than expected. One arrived late yesterday afternoon and the other this morning. The majority of my order is being shipped. I prefer my orders to be shipped from a warehouse  as a complete order. I cannot get this local delivery stuff stopped. I have called customer service, but they indicated there is no opting out of this. This seems like such a waste of time and resources.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

A lot of my items in my 'Reorder List' say they are out of stock. But when I look for them in the search box they are there! So much for having a list to go back to if I can't add items from that list to my cart.Woman Frustrated I'm not liking the new website at all.

That happened on Target a while back.

I found pricing and sizing was the culprit. The iced teax mix I used to buy was no longer 20 quarts and no lomnger $5. The old item shows out of stock.

The new but smaller 15 quart size is now $6 and is available.

I'm passing on Retail Games. I bought tea bags and I'll make it myself.

Esteemed Contributor

I order alot and often from Walmart.com.  I have never done pick up.  This new site is TERRIBLE.  At the bottom of the page it asks for feedback.  Well, I didn't pull any punches LOL.  It is slow loading the pages, the pages jump around, and there are too any pop ups.  It is not user friendly.  I like how fast Walmart got things to me and CS has been outstanding, but this is not an improvement.  

I wonder if the squeaky wheel will get some oil Woman Wink.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!