Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone not doing anything for Thanksgiving?

We had our big family Thanksgiving on Sunday.  Today some of us went to a local restaurant for their buffet.  Tomorrow.....I'm heading to the beach.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Super Contributor

@Boomernichols  I am so sorry for the loss of your parents. Both your Mom and Dad within a few months must be very difficult. This is my second holiday season without my Mom. Last Thanksgiving, I cried most of the day. This Thanksgiving has been better. I find the holidays depressing now that my parents are gone. I hope you enjoyed your meal and that your memories of your parents give you comfort.

Honored Contributor

So much for my lazy day plans.  

Before bedtime last night I learned youngest daughters boyfriend was without power, but they have a generator so I figured they were fine.  

So, I get started in the kitchen at 10:30, expecting our small meal to be ready at 1:30.   Then the multiple texts came in that changed my day.   

Boyfriend still has no power, his mother was not cooking.   My brother and SIL were headed to her parents, (my mom usually eats with them).   Oldest daughter wants to know when dinner will be ready; she and boyfriend are coming over!   

So, I doubled my original food plans by peeling potatoes to mash, cooked a vegetable, made deviled eggs, and rolls along with what I had planned to cook; fed 5 at my table, and takeout meals for 4!   Youngest daughter left at 5 to deliver food, and I took food to my mom at 6.   

I am tired.