Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone not doing anything for Thanksgiving?

@gidgetgh : DH and I will treat friends to Thanksgiving dinner at a local restaurant. Not what we really wanted but no longer able to cook for a big group. I will cook a traditional Thanksgiving meal for us on Sunday just a smaller version. Wish we were neighbors so we could have y'all over.Just thankful that we will be together. Getting older with health issues necessary to do things different but determined to be positive. Southern Bee

Trusted Contributor

I'll be relaxing at home with my cats. 

Contributor

It's Bob Evans for me.  4th year now at Bob's.

Contributor

Bob Evans for my husband and myself!

After 30 plus years of running back and forth between  families (one set in Hershey and the other in Phila) for each holiday, spending half day here and half day there, we decided enough was enough after our parents passed away....

The families have scattered so each to their own holiday....

I miss my parents at the holidays but not the driving back and forth with little time inbetween to enjoy the holiday! 

Happy Turkey Day, everyone!!!!

Honored Contributor

Image result for  thanksgiving gif

Image result for thanksgiving gif

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We found out a few days ago that it would be just me and DH. I already had bought the turkey breast and other things to make my part of the family dinner. DH said take the day off and we can go out to dinner instead. We could not get a reservation anywhere....the small restaurants are closed....and I am as depressed as I have ever been. I do not want to go to McDonalds for Thanksgiving! One of the granddaughters was in the Macy’s parade for the second year...the  TV cameras were on and off of her group so fast and at such a high angle we never could find her...she was in the small group that danced right in front of Santa.....

Honored Contributor

No plan here, either.  It's just me, the dog, and the bird.   No food stuff going on.  Probably have a sandwich or soup for lunch a little later and whichever of those I didn't have for lunch I will have for dinner.

It snowed a bit (just a few inches) overnight, so it's nice to see that.  Looks like it broke up and it's almost 40 degrees out there, so no more for now although more is expected in the cominng days.  Nice to finally have cooler weather!

Happy day.

Honored Contributor

Tracker:

Yes, the 'half here' and 'half there' wore us out, too.

Back and forth, back and forth.........

It was manageable when we were younger, but now, it's nice to stay in one place.  

Peaceful, safe, warm.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I will be heading to Cracker Barrel for a turkey dinner, such as it is.  I lost my mother in January and my father passed in March.  Hope everyone has full plates and full hearts.!

Super Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
We found out a few days ago that it would be just me and DH. I already had bought the turkey breast and other things to make my part of the family dinner. DH said take the day off and we can go out to dinner instead. We could not get a reservation anywhere....the small restaurants are closed....and I am as depressed as I have ever been. I do not want to go to McDonalds for Thanksgiving!

@lovesrecess   Are you depressed because of the holiday, the season, your plans not working out for Thanksgiving or none of my business ! LOL.....

If you want to talk I am willing to listen..