Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone here live in Santa Fe, New Mexico?

DSC00106.JPGDSC00106.JPGDSC00107.JPGDSC00109.JPG

decapitated windmill, my nice cactus made of sheet metal let the jacks eat on that baby ! my boulder rock I had bought in for that side of the house, trees we planted don't look so hot here in Jan. Other side of the house is prettier. LOL  We had pinon trees bought in and planted on the right side of house. These trees are not as pretty. Coming from Ind. I miss trees !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Do you think all the shops will be open by late April early may ? We want to avoid huge crowds, but, know we will sacrifice a few stores that may not be open yet.

Could you recommend that the time we want to go I would still have plenty of shops, farmers mkt. outlet mall, would be open?

Thank you for all your help you have been very helpful !

Woman Happy

http://www.santafefarmersmarket.com/

Here are lists of markets.  Looks like the Farmers' Market is year-round.

http://www.fashionoutletssantafe.com/

I haven't visited the outlets in ages!

I'm not aware of major shutdowns in Santa Fe.  The climate is relatively mild, so tourists visit throughout the year.  Remember that this area attracts skiers.  The galleries and restaurants are open for business.

Sometimes late April can be windy and chilly, and sometimes it can be just perfect.  May is generally pleasant -- one of my favorite times of year here.  Things start opening up as early as February -- the globe willows, plums, pears, forsythia, lilacs...

I don't think you'll have to worry about lack of shopping opportunities!  Canyon Road rarely sleeps.

One of the last times I was in Santa Fe I went to a large park where people gathered with their dogs.  Such a variety of breeds!  I do like that New Mexicans get out there with their dogs.  Mine has so many friends!

There's a regular thread on the Beauty forum -- the monthly ComPact thread.  You can find me there and as questions pop up you can post them.  I'd like for you to keep in touch and let me know if you have any concerns as you prepare for your trip.  I'll be happy to assist in any way I can.

http://santafe.org/

http://www.santafenm.gov/

Lots for you to peruse!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love the photos!  Looks like Albuquerque and Amarillo were separated at birth!  My house is similar in that we have a lot of brick homes in the area.  I missed the brick in Chicago and brick is hard to find in California because of the earthquakes, so we have a brick house here.

Albuquerque, though, is not flat.  Lots of hills, lots of trees.  But that brown crunchy grass sure looks familiar.

ETA:

Oh, and if you like pinons, you'll have plenty in and around Santa Fe to enjoy!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

crunchy grass is where my sprinkler system can't reach. front yard is prettier hahahahha

DSC00108.JPG

Honored Contributor

as soon as I watch In the kitchen with David I will research it.

that's so nice of  you to take the time to help us.

Your such a nice lady.

thanks !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

as soon as I watch In the kitchen with David I will research it.

that's so nice of  you to take the time to help us.

Your such a nice lady.

thanks !

Backatcha! And now I have to get this dog out…

Honored Contributor

Usually Pinon Pines grow at higher altitudes than you are, @share.   They're all over the foothills North of Santa Fe.   There has been a bug that has killed thousands of them.   My next door neighbor had a beautiful Pinon that the bug got. 

Don't get excited about the discount mall... they should call it the "has been"  mall.   Almost nothing there anymore.   There was a Coach Outlet and Carolyn Pollack's store is now there.   Unless they've added something,  that's about it. 

There was also a discount mall between Santa Fe and Abq that was pretty decent at one time but it completely closed years ago. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Beautiful place!