Valued Contributor

I have had 3 Roomba's and will never be without my "Rosie" (named after the Jetsons robot maid).  My 3 grandkids are fasinated by Rosie... lol  I have all hardwood floors with a area rug in the livingroom and under the kitchen table and Rosie does an awesome job.  I schedule her to clean every morning before I even get out of bed!  I don't have any pets anymore, but, I did have 2 Yorkies who have passed on, but, they did not shed like most breeds.  My floors are always clean without me doing anything but to empty the dust bin.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Contributor

I love my Roomba and I have owned mine for 10 years. We did upgrade it to the aerovac system - parts are readily available through their website or on ebay. The battery will need to be replaced every few years. I would say to go for the real Roomba battery and not a generic replacement. There was a definite difference in life of the battery. I have the brushes and they do clog up with hair from my large dog, cat and my long hair but I clean the brushes when I empty the dirt cup after every use. I have hardwood floor, carpet, and tile. The Roomba does an amazing job. I would not be without it. I have recommended a Roomba to many friends and several people have purchased one on my suggestion and they seem to agree. BTW, her name is Geri - named in honor of a cleaning lady I used to have. They are not inexpensive to purchase or maintenance free but well worth it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone have a ROOMBA?

[ Edited ]

We've had one for about 6 years so it's an older model.   it does what it's supposed to do and we have no complaints in that area.

Because it has the brushes, it is very high maintenance.   DH is the 'roomba' guy so he has to take it apart and clean brush after brush after brush.  Then reassemble the thing.  Then has to move stuff in the room and position the 'blockers'.  

We basically only use it in our bedroom which has wood floors because in the main rooms it kept getting stuck under things.   

We were so hopeful that we could use it everywhere but it didn't work out that way.  Maybe a new one would.

OH we have two orange cats.

Respected Contributor

I have a disabled friend who loves her Roomba; its name is "Babette."

I have a Roomba but it doesn't have a name.  Mine works better on bare floors but does a good but light job on rugs.  I have a Dyson for deep cleaning my area rugs, which are deep pile.

I also have a floor-washing Scooba.  At first I thought it was a dud, but there is a bit of a learning curve.  It works well now.  I've learned that it prefers to begin in the center of the floor, not the edge.  Does a good job on my tiled kitchen floor.  I don't use it for the bathroom where the cat litter boxes are, though--I read a review that said the one thing Scooba can't handle is cat litter.  Over time, it breaks them down.

Neither robot is a deep cleaner, but they keep things under control pretty well.  I am glad to have mine.