Respected Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

Ugh. Made it all the way through Fall and Winter without getting sick.  Dh got it over a week ago and now me. Sore throat, wheezing. Grrr. 

Oh, poor pitiful me! 😆😆😔

In my particular County the schools are shut down, because the teachers are sick, and extras.Can't get any body to teach. And I'm sure Kids must be too. I'm not going any where. Hard to go out and avoid this. I live in Northern panhandle of WV.

Honored Contributor

It's rampant here in Indiana.  Visitors are being limited at hospitals and nursing homes.  Just when you think you're in the clear.  My sister has it.  She's had to stay away from Mom.  I took Mom to the grocery for just a few things and she wiped her cart down and we got out fast.  At 90, it's the last thing she needs.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant try not to go to a doctors office.I took my 90 year old mom and that is where we both got sick.Everywhere people coughing and sick in there.I knew we were doomed.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been visiting at the hospital and I have what appears to be a cold today.  Hope it isn't anything worse.

Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld 

Tske care and thanks for the info! Sounds like we all need to take precautions to stay well.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@dex 

This is a good precaution.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Well, darn it. I was perfectly healthy until I opened this thread. :-)

You must mean physically. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry you are sick, @Kalli . I'm not sick but I have hurt my back moving a chair yesterday.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else sick?

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

@jubilant try not to go to a doctors office.I took my 90 year old mom and that is where we both got sick.Everywhere people coughing and sick in there.I knew we were doomed.

***********  Thanks for the heads up.  We almost lost mom a few months ago due to aspirating pneumonia.  Many complications set in and she had to be in the hospital for 2 weeks and then to rehab for about 3 or 4 weeks. 

Mom loves grocery shopping!  I told her I would pick up the 3 or 4 things she needed but nooooo she wanted to do it herself.  I had her out of there in 10 minutes!  Normally Mom listens but this time she was pretty adamant about going.  She rarely ever gets the flu or a cold....but still.....I told her, "you know, Mom, at 90, and in view of what you just went through, I think you need to be very careful".  Mom doesn't see herself as old and is normally a very gentle somewhat passive creature....but not when it comes to grocery shopping....Good Grief!

Honored Contributor

@jubilant @Ha ha ..just like my mom stubborn about a few things.I told her not to eat out for awhile to avoid getting sick again.What does she do but go to McDonald’s.People have to work in these places sick or not because they need the money.

I am happy to hear your mom recovered from pneumonia.I think their generation is the toughest because they always had to work hard.